Are you an experienced Business Analyst capable of delivering agile business solutions?
Can you Identify business improvement opportunities that help implement vision and strategy?
Would you like to work on nationally recognised digital projects?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact we are expanding our team and we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
Digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join the DVSA!
Our digital teams are currently developing solutions for iPad and iPhone to support our front line examiners undertaking driver tests, annual vehicle tests and roadside enforcement checks. You’d be involved in these key projects helping keep Britain’s roads safe!
We welcome applications from every part of the community. We’re particularly interested to hear from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic people, women, disabled people and those who identify as LGBT+. We believe everyone is involved in making DVSA an inclusive and great place to work.
A Senior Business Analyst is responsible for providing business analysis expertise to define and validate digital projects, products and services, ensuring they are aligned to DVSA’s strategic objectives. The scope of requirements definition includes business requirements (goals, objectives, needs); stakeholder requirements, solution functional and non-functional requirements and transition requirements.
The post holder will be part of one or more agile / scrum delivery teams within the Corporate Systems team; working collaboratively with Product Owners and technical colleagues (e.g. software developers, testers) to develop digital solutions that deliver value to customers and the business and provides the required documentation.
Include but not limited to:
- Elicit, define, validate and manage requirements for projects, products and services (based on user needs) working closely with the Product Owner / Manager and development teams to create user stories ready for development
- Obtains formal agreement from a large and diverse range of potentially senior stakeholders and recipients to the scope requirements and backlog.
- Identify and analyse problems and issues that may affect the successful delivery and continuous improvement of DVSA digital services.
- Use appropriate Business Process modelling methods and tools to identify and validate “As Is” processes and design potential “To Be” processes, identifying gaps and solutions.
- Identify the requirements’ characteristics and the technical, organisational and physical environment in which services, products or systems will operate.
- Engage with and build and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders and other business areas.
Full Role Profile Here
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
DDaT – Senior Business Analyst – Agile Working Click Here
DDaT – Senior Business Analyst – Business analysis Click Here
DDaT – Senior Business Analyst – Business improvement process Click Here
DDaT – Senior Business Analyst – Business modelling Click Here.
DDaT – Senior Business Analyst – Methods and tools Click Here.
DDaT – Senior Business Analyst – User focus Click Here.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We’re an innovative organisation that values professional expertise and invests in all our people. We champion inclusive and diverse teams, ensuring we have the skills required to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future, meeting the needs of the people who use our services.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities and benefits of working at DVSA visit our Careers website.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
The Civil Service Nationality Rules has been updated following the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union. The new rules will come into effect on 1st January 2021. We urge people from the EU, European Economic Area and Switzerland to be familiar with the updated Nationality rules prior to applying for this role.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
The sift is due to take place w/c 1st March 2021.
Interviews are due to take place w/c 15th March 2021.
This interview will be conducted via a video interview, details of which will be provided to you should you be selected for interview.
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, you will need to provide detailed evidence of your experience of the following sift criteria within your CV and Personal Statement:
- Working collaboratively with Product Owners and technical colleagues (e.g. software developers, testers) in agile teams to develop and refine business requirements/ user stories and related acceptance criteria.
- Working as a business analyst using Agile methodologies in delivering digital projects and products, using appropriate frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Taking responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes. Applying and monitoring the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment could include:
- an interview
- an interview with one or more exercises
- a full day of activities including interactive, written and timed exercises
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
Please see attached candidate notes for further information about our recruitment process.
The Department for Transport alongside other Government Departments recruit using Success Profiles. This means for each role we consider what you will need to demonstrate in order to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
For further information on Success Profiles visit our Careers website.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the ‘Contact point for applicants’ section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UKs
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Digital Resourcing
Email : email@example.com
Recruitment team :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
20190212 Candidate Notes attachment Opens in new window(pdf, 838kB)
20190212 Personal Statement and CV – Guidance for Candidates Opens in new window(pdf, 1334kB)
DVSA – Senior Business Analyst Role Profile Opens in new window(pdf, 135kB)
Related Jobs (15)
Senior Manager – Policy and Strategic Relationships on April 15, 2021 Fixed Term