The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Monitoring, maintaining and protecting DVSA property from malicious activity
- Carrying out technical vulnerability assessments of IT systems
- Identifying events and providing supporting data for further investigation
- Escalating high risk events identified within DVSA
- Keeping up to date with security trends, threats and control measures
- Raising events such as lack of compliance with DVSA security policy
You will also have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a technical IT environment
- High quality communication and drafting skills
- Able to negotiate with senior staff
- Understanding of legislation and how to interpret it
- Ability to explain technical diagrams quickly to a variety of recipients
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits.
- a generous annual leave entitlement,
- attractive pension options,
- flexible working,
- good career development opportunities,
- a variety of career paths,
- inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.