Cheshire Constabulary currently have vacancies at each of it’s three custody facilities for a Custody Investigation Officer to join the team on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract. The custody facilities are located at Chester, Runcorn and Middlewich.
The successful candidates will be based at one of the custody suites, but may be required to travel to either of the other two during the course of their duty.
This post does require working a shift pattern including late evening and weekend shifts.
The post holder will be required to evaluate evidence, investigate detainees in custody including conducting interviews under caution and bring offenders to justice by producing files of evidence for CPS to the requisite high standards.
Click here for the Role Profile
Educated to Level 3 of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) or equivalent experience
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Significant experience of working in an investigative or criminal justice environment with case management experience
Some previous experience of working within a customer facing environment
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to effectively sift and evaluate information assessing relevance and potential use within criminal proceedings.
- Ability to prepare detailed files and reports and present information in an accurate and timely manner within strict guidelines
- High level of written and verbal communication skills with the ability to represent the Force in the public domain when dealing with victims, witnesses and suspects
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working knowledge of information technology systems.
- Ability to quickly grasp the criminal justice legislative framework and adapt knowledge to a variety of situations within the day to day operation of the role
- Ability to assess and prioritise tasks and information
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with staff and Officers across a range of mutually dependent tasks
- Must be able to pass a relevant PNC course
- Ability to assimilate legislative information and utilise knowledge to provide
- accurate advice and guidance to Officers and other staff members
- Ability to work with limited supervision and manage time effectively to prioritise tasks
Please can you attach a 2000 words Supporting Statement to your application on a Word document
Important: The information and examples provided in the supporting statement is how applicants are marked/scored as to how their examples meet the essential and desirable criteria required for the role.
Please evidence your qualifications, experience, knowledge/skills/abilities and any special request for the role in not more than 2000 words.
You will need to give a full, clear, specific and demonstrate examples of how you meet the criteria. Please make it clear which criteria you are evidencing.
It is the example you provide in the supporting statement that will determine if you are suitable for the role.
Cheshire Constabulary is fully supportive of equality and diversity and strives to employ a workforce which is representative of the community it serves. Applicants are welcomed from all underrepresented groups and support will be made available throughout the recruitment process for all applicants. Under-represented groups include:
•Those from a Black or Minority Ethnic (BME) background, including non-visible ethnic minorities such as Czech, Slovak, Polish, and Gypsy/Traveller’s
•Individuals from the LGBT+ community
•People with disabilities
•All other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010.
If you have any queries in relation to equality and diversity, or have a request for any additional support you may need, please email email@example.com
The force operates a no smoking policy
Related Jobs (7)
Police Community Support Officer – Various Locations on November 21, 2020 Full TimePermanent
Special Constable – Various Locations on November 2, 2020
Fire, Emergency and Security Systems Apprenticeship on November 1, 2020 Apprenticeship