- Salary Range £25,000+
- EDUCATION LEVEL GCSE/O level/GNVQ
- Job Level Entry level
The Reaper is controlled by crews of professional pilots, sensor operators and Mission Intelligence Co-ordinators centrally from Ground Control Stations. Your job includes controlling the aircraft and going through the same preparation such as pre-flight planning, comprehensive briefing, hand-over, weather, intelligence and usual air-space flight considerations as any other daily routine on a flying squadron.
- Control the Reaper for persistent intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance and, if required, ground-attack missions worldwide
- Mission planning and ground-based staff duties
TRAINING YOU’LL RECEIVE
Your career will start with a 24-week Initial Officer Training where you will learn:
- Leadership and management skills
- Fitness development
- Practical outdoor leadership skills
Your specialist training begins with a bespoke version of Elementary Flying Training (EFT), including ground school and then flying the Tutor aircraft. You will complete the Tutor training with an Instrument Flight Test and Final Handling Test before being awarded RPAS(P) wings. You will then go to the Reaper Formal Training Unit (FTU) in the USA to train on the aircraft you will be flying operationally.
The FTU is completed at Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico, USA. You will spend 6 months completing the ground school elements and learning how to operate the aircraft, including weapons.
- Be aged 17.5 – 32 years old (Must attest before 33rd birthday)
- You will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or acceptable equivalents) at a minimum of Grade C (Grade 4-5), including English Language and Mathematics or Scottish National 5 (Grades A–C)
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom since birth
- Must have resided in the UK for at least 7 years immediately preceding application
- Parents/Spouse must currently have UK citizenship
- Commit to 12 years of service
- Meet the health and fitness criteria
- Pass the Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre
Pay during Initial Officer Training£26,500+ Benefits
Pay after Initial Officer Training£31,800+ Benefits