We welcome applications from every part of the community. We’re particularly interested to hear from groups currently underrepresented in our workforce (Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic people, women, disabled people and those who identify as LGBT+). We believe everyone is involved in making DVSA an inclusive and great place to work
Kick start your career by joining The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency as a Recruitment & Attraction Coordinator Apprentice!
Apprenticeship: Level 3 HR Support
Salary: £16,933 (uplifting to £21,167 following satisfactory completion of 12-months service)
Reporting to: Resource and Workforce Planning Lead
Would you like the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst undertaking an engaging role, so you can earn whilst you learn?
Do you have the ambition and drive to apply your learning in a real business context, so you can continue to develop and work towards your career goals?
If you, we have a unique and exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA and undertake a Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship, and we would love to hear for you!
The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) are looking for a Recruitment and Attraction Apprentice to provide recruitment, marketing and attraction support as part of the Digital Hub.
We’re looking for a pro-active individual to drive a wide range of areas including recruitment, stakeholder management, branding, marketing and communications. You will be responsible for the management of our social media sites when advertising vacancies, and will have the opportunity to build the DVSA Digital brand to improve attraction and engagement. You will also be responsible for the co-ordination channels through external blogs and social media to improve our reach and increase numbers of applications received for our digital roles.
An apprenticeship is an exciting opportunity to ‘earn whilst you learn’ by combining theoretical learning with practical ‘on-the-job’ experience; allowing you to work towards a nationally recognised qualification, whilst building skills in your daily role and earning a salary. An apprenticeship also allows you to secure a qualification with no tuition / student fees as the programme is fully funded by the department.
You will spend 20% of your contracted working hours dedicated to your apprenticeship and will be surrounded by a supportive network. You will be allocated an apprentice buddy, a mentor and will have regular development conversations with a dedicated learning coach and to ensure your learning needs are met and you are on track to successfully complete your apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will provide you with new skills to apply to your job role, ensuring you are continuously learning, in a stretching but supportive environment.
Further information about the HR Support Apprenticeship is available here.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Responsibility for DVSA Digital Social media accounts – create interesting and engaging posts to boost number of followers and improve number of job applications received.
- Work with the Digital Recruitment Team at DfT to analyse levels of engagement through number of clicks, views and shares. Use this information to make improvements or changes to posts to target the correct demographic for each role.
- Provide ad hoc support for senior management when required to include arranging meetings, co-ordination of travel arrangements and other administrative tasks.
- Provide guidance to staff to support the delivery of objectives. Manage and engage with honesty and integrity, upholding the reputation of the Agency, Department and Civil Service.
- Digital, Information Management Security and Data, and Applications and Infrastructure – build relationships with stakeholders in these teams to support with recruitment and resourcing requirements and ad hoc activities and requests. Manage senior leaders’ expectations in terms of brand flexibility and market buoyancy for roles.
- Communications – collaborating with DVSA internal and external communications colleagues to produce engaging, insightful and interesting content for publication. This will be used to advertise vacancies effectively and increase brand awareness of DVSA Digital.
- HR – work with HR colleagues to deliver recruitment campaigns, following processes correctly and to agreed timescales. Understand HR requirements and policies.
- Talent and Capability Team – collaborate with the apprenticeship manager to support with efficient recruitment of apprentices and work with Resource and Workforce Planning Lead to ensure a smooth and joined up journey throughout the apprenticeship.
- DfT Digital Resourcing Team – work with the team to bring roles to market as per agreed timeline
We would love to hear from you hold:
- Experience of using marketing, branding or social media to aid recruitment
- Experience of working within a team to deliver results
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working with a variety of different stakeholders
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Be at least 16-years old.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Have been a resident in the UK/EA/EEA continuously for 3-years before starting the apprenticeship.
- Have left full-time education when the apprenticeship starts.
- Not be in receipt of funding for other learning programmes (including another apprenticeship)
- GCSE (or equivalent) A-C in Maths and English
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We’re an innovative organisation that values professional expertise and invests in all our people. We champion inclusive and diverse teams, ensuring we have the skills required to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future, meeting the needs of the people who use our services.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities and benefits of working at DVSA visit our Careers website.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
Related Jobs (41)
HEO Business Analysts / SEO Senior Business Analysts on October 16, 2020 Full TimePart Time
Executive Director for Children & LA Company Chief Executive on October 14, 2020 Permanent