- Job Reference 4298
- Salary Range £50,000+
- SALARY & BENEFITS £45,543 - £50,936 + excellent benefits
- Job Level Management
- INDUSTRY SECTOR Engineering
Are you a project manager with a track record of delivering complex engineering projects?
Do you have an interest in the future of the world`s energy?
If so, we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced project manager to execute a range of projects to high standard, leading to delivered solutions of an engineering integrity commensurate with nuclear operations.
You will work within the Project Management Office (PMO) who manage projects across the UK Atomic Energy Authority, typically to enhance two of the world-class fusion devices on site as well as developing new facilities that advance enabling technologies for the international market in fusion development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing management of project(s) of budgets of up to circa £10m
- Typical project expenditure of £0.5m to 10m per annum
- Maintain oversight of projects, particularly estimate collation, planning, cost forecast and monitoring
- The effective deployment of project resources, through clear definition of roles and responsibilities, working methods and the sequencing of tasks
- Resolving obstacles to strategy delivery and leading the identification and employment of creative solutions to overcoming them
- Managing project document development for a project lifecycle in compliance with the UKAEA`s Quality Assurance requirements
- Liaising with other Groups and Departments to ensure effective co-ordination and collaboration across interfaces and competing demands
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading-edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Chartered status in relevant STEM discipline
- Track record of delivering complex engineering projects to budget, time and cost
- Passion for ensuring good project management practices and culture
- A pro-active approach to safety, with good appreciation of UK compliance requirements in design
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to make sound economic decisions that maximise project value
- Excellent communication, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Process improvement/development and business transformation projects
- Good background knowledge and understanding of fusion science and/or technology and engineering
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
-As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
-Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
-Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
-The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.