As Project Manager you will lead projects or programme workstreams within the Insurance IT division. The suite of change being managed within the Insurance IT division is varied and a successfully candidate will be expected to work across a small number of medium size projects or a single large project.
What will I be doing?
- To manage medium / large projects or programme workstreams in a timely and effective manner ensuring delivery to the required standard
- To conduct feasibility studies in order to make recommendations regarding project delivery and implementation opportunities which underpin the overall strategy of the AA
- To communicate the progress and status of projects to the project sponsor / key stakeholders and other members of the project team. To manage all levels of personnel both internal and external in order to complete tasks
- To ensure all project delivery documentation is accurately produced, appropriately stored and maintained throughout the life of the project
- To create and maintain the project delivery plan and chair delivery meetings to ensure all delivery partners are engaged and delivering to the plan. Raising risks, issues or replanning as needed.
- To identify and make recommendations on resources required to ensure optimised implementation
- To prepare detailed and comprehensive project documentation where appropriate
- To support the Portfolio Managers and Programme Manager as required
- Control the development and influence deployment of consistent processes (incl. governance) and preferred approach & methods assigned projects.
- Ensure the required level of support is in place following project handover, and all support documentation is complete before projects are closed out.
- To create and maintain a good working relationship with programme managers, project sponsors and other senior managers and assist with the initiation and facilitation of solutions based on business need.
- Identify, assess and monitor risks, issues, dependencies and change requests to ensure projects are delivered to time, cost and quality criteria and solutions are cost effective, supportable – including appropriate operational documentation
- Ensure that all solutions are fit for their operational purpose and, in particular, that the specific demands and requirements of distributed & mobile environments are fully taken into account
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience
- extensive experience in the delivery of IT change
- Experience of delivery of large-scale programmes and projects either as the programme lead or workstream lead
- Experience working with technical experts and third parties in order to build costed technical roadmaps across IT infrastructure, that set out how the delivery phases will be accomplished, and benefits realised
- Insurance sector experience preferred but not essential
- Project forecasting and tracking both milestones and financial
- Experience of working with different project delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Planned Iterative etc.
- Excellent understanding of change control, configuration processes, as well as risk management techniques
Education and Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince 2 certification
- Excellent communications skills for robust interactions with Product Area Leads, Product Owners and Business Stakeholders.
- We would expect you to be methodical, structured and considered in your approach
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Car Allowance of circa £5K
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.