#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
As our Property Project Manager, you will direct and manage EDF Property Services projects from inception to completion in line with statutory, best practice and EDF requirements. You will ensure projects are delivered safely and to a high standard, with value for money and the successful, timely and cost-effective delivery of objectives. Property Services projects are carried out across our Corporate estate which comprises of largely office buildings of varying size. Most of these are located in Southern England, but there are also some in the North East and Scotland.
On occasion projects may also be delivered on industrial, residential, and other properties. The types of projects generally comprise of repair/renewal projects (including M&E plant), refurbishments, office moves and fit-outs. You will be required to manage multiple projects, across the geographical area allocated to you. However, from time to time there may be the requirement to manage projects outside of your usual geographical area.
Day to Day:
- You will ensure that the required high standards of HS&E management and practice are adopted and adhered to throughout the project. This includes ensuring that all aspects of the project, including: inspections/surveys, team travel, design, procurement, site visits and meetings, etc. are all considered from a HS&E perspective.
- Be in full control of all HS&E management aspects throughout the project, being aware of current and future key HS&E risks and ensuring these are clearly documented and articulated in set-up (Risk Assessments, PEP, PCI etc.) and management documentation (RAID log, RAMS, CPHSP etc.).
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement in all aspects of project delivery to ensure the highest possible standard of HS&E management is achieved.
- Have overall responsibility for delivering the project including overseeing the business change elements such as HR and Communications.
- Take responsibility for managing all internal and external delivery partners, building appropriate relationships whilst ensuring the same Programme Management rigour is applied to each delivery partner.
What does being a great Project Manager at EDF mean?
- Communicative: Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels across the organisation.
- Collaborative: Building, maintaining as well as developing strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Flexible: Able to deal with unexpected challenges quickly, whilst offering a flexible approach to business needs.
- Proactive: A “can-do” approach, ability and willingness to quickly grasp and tackle new projects.
- Innovative: Committed to challenging the way things are done to provide continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge.
- Passionate: Demonstrates drive and commitment towards achieving targets.
- Self-motivated: Good attention to detail and monitor own performance against expected results/outcomes.
- Organised: Able to work under pressure with a calm and focused approach.
This role requires you to be responsible for ensuring compliance with CDM Regulations, ensuring everyone fully understands, and is competent to carry out, their roles and responsibilities under the Regulations. As well as EDF policies, standards, processes and procedures. To do this, you must fully understand these, and ensure that in turn the whole of the project team understand their content, and the requirements and expectations arising from these. This is generally established with the project team via the Design team and Pre-Construction meetings.
You will need to:
- Have project management experience.
- Solid technical background, with understanding of the construction and project management processes.
- Minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in a Building Services / Building Surveying / Project Management related field.
- Prince2 and/or professional membership of RICS, CIOB, CIBSE, APM, PMI preferred.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems such as Microsoft office.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn a bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
Location: South West Location (with Flexibility)
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.
For further details and to apply, please visit: https://careers.edfenergy.com/job/Gloucester-Project-Manager/669426901/
Closing date: Sunday 16th May
Interview date: Week commencing 17th May