Arran Fine Foods is located in the picturesque village of Lamlash on the east coast of the Isle of Arran. Today, around 20 employees make a selection of delicious chutney, mustard, preserves and salad dressings. The Arran range has scooped 12 prestigious Great Taste Awards since 2002, including a Gold 1 Star Award at the 2008 Great Taste Awards for our Matured Apple & Arran Ale Chutney and a 2004 Scottish Speciality Award for Arran Smooth Honey Mustard.
More recently, we were honoured when professional chef and BBC Masterchef winner, Gary Maclean, chose Arran Mustard to round off his main course sauce in the 2016 final.
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit Company we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
We’ve built a great culture at Burton’s Biscuits, which is why we have a score of 4.7 out of 5 on Glassdoor, not to brag but we’re a better place to work than Google! Take a look at our Glassdoor page to see what our employees are saying.
This is a great role to start your career in food production. Not only will you receive great benefits you will also receive top of the line training from our experienced team!
- Perform all relevant job specific tasks as required, according to set methods and procedures. Contribute fully to the completion of non-specific line requirements.
- Ensure all production and related tasks are carried out efficiently and to the required quality standard.
- Assess problems as they arise – seek help where and when appropriate.
- Seek to continually improve processes and performance through good team working practices and team problem solving.
- Advise relevant departments immediately of any necessary changes to methods or procedures.
- Ensure Company Policy and Procedures are adhered to by all employees including strict adherence to Health and Safety Procedures and Company HACCP systems.
- Liaise with Team Leaders and Management Team members to ensure effective communications with regard to all shop-floor activities
- Liaise with Planning, Technical and Engineering Departments as required for the successful day to day execution of the job function.
- Ensure ‘clean as you go’ philosophy is adhered to at all times.