As a Product Specialist (Theory Test Publishing), you will play a critical role in the Theory Test team, ensuring that all elements of the service meet our customer, stakeholder and DVSA requirements.
The successful candidate will support the management of the day-to-day quality of the service received from the Test Engine and Test Content Management (TETCM) supplier and the quality of the Theory Test user experience being delivered to customers through this service and will support the management of the configuration of the DVSA TETCM service to ensure it continues to meet Theory Test Customer needs and DVSA requirements.
Working with the Product Manager (Theory Test Publishing), the role holder will support the planning, scheduling and deployment of Theory Test Content and Test admissions and Test delivery functionality required to improve the candidate and Test Centre staff user experience of the Theory Test, while protecting the integrity of the Service.
- Support the management of the operational delivery of the TETCM Service by the Supplier against the agreed Service Levels within the Service Level Agreement.
- Support the evaluation of customer/candidate satisfaction with the TETCM services delivered by both the supplier and DVSA (in conjunction with the TTS Operational teams Content, Product Development and team).
- Support the Product Manager (Theory Test Publishing) in the management of the product-relationship with the TETCM Service supplier.
- Manage risks associated with the operation of the TETCM Service, managing mitigation plans for these risks with the Supplier and the Theory Test Service team.
- Capture, collate and communicate issues with service delivery to the Product Manager (Theory Test Publishing), TETCM Contract Manager and TETCM Contract and Operational Delivery Manager to assist in the effective management of the contract and its operation.
- Use expert understanding of the TETCM Service and wider Theory Test Service to resolve TETCM service delivery and operational issues with the Supplier and teams managing the Theory Test platform.
- Provide expert input into any investigative work into problems with and opportunities in existing Test Publishing processes, taking the lead to manage the collection of information and creation of recommendations for improvements.
- Analyse service delivery reporting received from the TETCM supplier to contribute to the effective contract and operational management of the TETCM service.
- Manage the day-to-day development, application and maintenance of a consistent visual and interaction design and Theory Test identity to the user interfaces being provided by the TETCM service.
For further information, please see the role profile attached.
We are looking for someone who has an excellent understanding and knowledge of how policy can impact product design.
You will have a good knowledge of the development and management of software product configuration.
You are a confident communicator and enjoy working collaboratively with stakeholders, both internal and external, while building lasting relationships.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
We’re an innovative organisation that values professional expertise. We invest in our people and champion inclusive and diverse teams. And we make sure colleagues have the skills to meet the needs of Britain’s road users.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities and benefits of working at DVSA visit our Careers website.
Diversity: Our vision is to support and develop everyone who chooses to work for us. We care deeply about diversity and equality. And we create a positive culture that’s friendly, welcoming, respectful and full of opportunities for professional and personal development.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
To learn more about life as an employee of the DVSA visit our Careers website.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Strengths and Experience.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
The Civil Service Nationality Rules has been updated following the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union. The new rules will come into effect on 1st January 2021. We urge people from the EU, European Economic Area and Switzerland to be familiar with the updated Nationality rules prior to applying for this role.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
The sift is due to take place from 8th February 2021.
Interviews/assessments are likely to be held from w/c 22nd February 2021.
This interview could be conducted via a video interview, details of which will be provided to you should you be selected for interview.
We’ll try to meet the dates we’ve set out in the advert. But there may be occasions when these dates will change. We’ll give you plenty of notice of any important dates.
How to Apply
Please tailor your CV and personal statement to evidence the following :
- Experience of user experience design.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders.
- An understanding of how policy impacts product design.
- Knowledge of the development and management of software product configuration.
We’ve designed the selection process specifically for this role. So your assessment could include:
- an interview
- an interview with one or more exercises
- a full day of activities including interactive, written and timed exercises
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
Please see attached candidate notes for further information about our recruitment process.
The Department for Transport recruits using Success Profiles. For each role, we consider what you need to demonstrate to be successful.
This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
You can read more about Success Profiles here visit our Careers website.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the ‘Contact point for applicants’ section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UKs
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Helen Luker
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment team :
Email : dftrecruitment..email@example.com
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission