The development of our product strategy and ensuring the success of new and existing products plays a critical role as we continue to shape and deliver our future strategy. As a Senior Product Development Manager, you will work closely with multiple functions across the business to continuously define new and refine existing customer propositions and journeys, ensuring the needs of customers are appropriately balanced against business requirements and capabilities.
In the short term, you will focus heavily on bringing one of our priority strategic products to market, ensuring the customer journey and experience is optimised, the operational team has clear processes and structure in place to succeed, and we are capturing appropriate data and MI to continuously learn from and improve the service. You will take the lead, managing overall product development and getting the product into full pilot mode, working with members of the team and across the business.
In time this role will expand out to involvement in the wider team, flexing focus to further new products, or redesigns/optimisation of existing products or customer journeys to support our full customer proposition pipeline. Focus will be based on business needs and priorities, but the overall responsibilities will remain the same.
What will I be doing?
- To act as a key point of contact for the business in planning, managing, prioritising and executing priority initiatives
- To build and manage strategic roadmaps for product areas which addresses our customer’s problems (B2C, B2B or B2B2C) and delivers value to the AA
- To own the end-to-end customer experience for specified product areas, ensuring all touchpoints and interactions are optimised to produce the best customer experience and operational efficiency balance
- To act as product owner, determining which product features should be prioritised for delivery, ensuring that product features in scope are ready for development and carrying out acceptance tests on developed features.
- To work closely with Digital CX, Engineering, Product Management, Group Marketing, Technical Services, Operations and IT to support the implementation and launch of new products and the continued improvement of existing products
- To scan the external market to identify best practice approaches and identify potential competitive threats to add to our overall product roadmap planning
- To continuously monitor relevant MI to ensure the product is performing as designed, achieving the right customer and commercial outcomes to inform the future product roadmap
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Customer-focused, collaborative leader with the ambition to help design and implement the best driving services for our users
- Able to demonstrate sound consumer-led thinking in order to propose initiatives and solutions based on customer understanding
- Experience developing user experience, user journeys and customer facing propositions based on various customer research and insight methodologies
- Digital product owner and product management experience, preferably within scrum methodology and in an agile environment
- Comfortable using data to tackle problems and determine simple solutions to move the business forwards
- Solid commercial instincts. Able to balance both the longer- term development of the business and the inevitable short-term tactical requirements
- Highly experienced in stakeholder management, and comfortable collaborating widely at all levels of the business
- Experience of influencing other teams / achieving results through others
Education and Qualifications:
- Strong educational background – likely to include good degree (2:1 or above) and a track record of continuous learning
- Strategic thinker – able to see how the business and product offering might evolve as the landscape changes
- Able to work well with ambiguity
- Versatile – Comfortable with shifting from long term to short term horizons and to work on a variety of projects with a variety of stakeholders
- Passion to continue to learn, including usage of new tools and methods to continuously improve product management and user experiences
- Excellent organisational skills: must be able to manage multiple initiatives and workstreams simultaneously and at a fast pace
- Works effectively with others, building productive, collaborative relationships across departments and with third parties
- Flexible with working arrangements – job is based in London, but requires regular (weekly or bi weekly) travel to Basingstoke or Melton Mowbray, as well as trips to other AA sites in Cheadle, Birmingham, Newcastle and Cardiff
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.