This is a great opportunity for an experienced procurement professional who is seeking to improve their work/life balance with an interesting public sector role.
The successful candidate will join the Strategic Procurement Unit which is part of the recently formed joint Police and Fire Corporate Services department.
As a Procurement and Contracts Manager, you will:
- Lead on the contract and procurement process for high value, high risk contracts/procurements within a range of categories;
- Provide professional advice and support regarding the design and preparation of specifications for tenders and contracts, evaluation, drafting terms and conditions within the context of Public Procurement legislation;
- Establish and develop strong working relationships with customers and 3rd party providers;
- Manage the review of existing contracts and Service Level Agreements.
Please can you attach a 2000 words Supporting Statement to your application on a Word document
Important: The information and examples provided in the supporting statement is how applicants are marked/scored as to how their examples meet the essential and desirable criteria required for the role.
Please evidence your qualifications, experience, knowledge/skills/abilities and any special request for the role in not more than 2000 words.
You will need to give a full, clear, specific and demonstrate examples of how you meet the criteria. Please make it clear which criteria you are evidencing.
It is the example you provide in the supporting statement that will determine if you are suitable for the role.
Prior Education and Experience
- Qualified to level 6 in a procurement or business related subject, e.g. Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
- Significant experience of purchasing and procurement across a broad range of environments for example technology, finance, estates and human resources at a middle management level which will include:
- Tendering process
- Drafting, negotiating and managing the procurement process
- Monitoring, reviewing and evaluation of contract compliance
- In depth understanding of Procurement and Contracts Management legislation and best practice in the public sector including National Framework Agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to be assertive when dealing with external customers and suppliers
- High level of ability to make risk based decisions and make recommendations to colleagues
- High level ability to problem solve and work independently
- High level ability to take a flexible approach to tasks and work on own initiative
Cheshire Constabulary is fully supportive of diversity, equality and inclusion and strives to employ a workforce which is representative of the community it serves.
Applications are welcomed from all underrepresented groups and support will be made available throughout the recruitment process for all applicants. Under-represented groups include:
- People from an ethnic minority background, including non-visible ethnic minorities such as Czech, Slovak, Polish, and Gypsy/Travellers.
- Individuals from the LGBT+ community
- People with disabilities
- All other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010.
If you have any queries in relation to diversity, equality and inclusion or have a request for any additional support you may need, please email email@example.com
Document attachment: procurementandcontractsmanage
Please note, you will require the following detail to complete this application form; NI Number, ID detail, address information, referee information, full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained. You may also be requested to provide photos of any visible tattoos you have. The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes. Please therefore ensure you allow time to complete this fully as part complete pages will not be saved.
Related Jobs (13)
Technical and Digital Investigation Manager Support on July 23, 2021 Fixed Term Full Time