We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
We are on the lookout for a Pricing Manger / Senior Pricing Analyst who has responsibility for pricing, pricing development and monitoring activities in support of the pricing of AA Motor and Home Insurance and in accordance with FCA Pricing Practices rules and guidance.
This is the job
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining pricing systems and strategies that increase value by optimising acquisition and retention of AA Insurance.
- You will take a leading role in the Pricing Team’s design, development and implementation of changes required to ensure compliance with the FCA Pricing Practices rules and guidance.
- Build and maintain robust pricing models and price test strategies to support high quality pricing analyses in line with market best practice (include machine learning techniques) and ensuring high quality MI to monitor results.
- Perform competitor analysis, allowing for past market trends and modelling future scenarios.
- Support external partners by producing analyses to help improve conversion, retention, footprint and underwriting performance.
- Maintain (and improving where appropriate) the use of robust controls in the creation, maintenance and release of pricing models, systems and analyses.
- Provide analyses to support business cases and financial modelling.
- Ensure high quality of analyses, with efficient data extraction and cleansing, and timely reporting.
- Coaching, training and developing Pricing Analysts and Senior Pricing Analysts, to aid succession planning and to help ensure that business goals are met.
What will I be doing?
As we are a regulated business you will also:
- Lead the right conduct and culture for the function that aligns to the AA vision values and behaviours and delivers great customer outcomes
- Adhere to the policy, procedure and standards for compliance with financial regulations including the FCA’s Statements of Principles and Code of Practice • Comply with regulations for the protection of data
- Ensure that compliance with the processes provides an adequate control environment, that there are management and supervisory controls in place to ensure compliance for the function and escalate control breakdown
- Prepare management information for the function for the appropriate committee meetings
- Adhere to the policy, procedure and standards for compliance with financial regulations including the FCA’s Statements of Principles
What do I need?
Ideally you will have or possess experience of:
- Track record of complex financial and consumer modelling with particular focus on technical insurance pricing.
- Technical proficiency in, and demonstrated successful experience with, Willis Towers Watson’s Radar Optimiser and Radar Live software is essential.
- Extensive analytical experienced gained in a data rich environment with a minimum of three years’ experience of analytical tools such as SAS.
- Experience in analytical techniques applied to the pricing of Personal Lines Insurance business.
- Experience in lifetime value and customer relationship management strategies.
- Experience in developing and implementing change within business and IT systems.
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact Rob Johnson – Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that the advert closing date is Monday the 18th of January.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Back to Search results Apply Now