development and ongoing maintenance of report and LOB application within the Microsoft Power Platform. Working directly with key stakeholders, you will gather requirements, design and rollout solutions that provide strategic and operational insights for the Driving School.
What will I be doing?
- Requirements gathering: collaborate with key stakeholders and their direct reports to gather and refine reporting requirements. Create documentation to capture the relevant technical detail to support development and obtain sign-off from the report owner
- Define and document business logic: coordinate with key stakeholders to understand the Driving School business logic. Identify a suitable tool to host the business logic detail including technical and plain English descriptions that can be reviewed by end users irrespective of technical ability
- Design, implement and maintain a set of Power BI reports: lead the delivery of a new set of Power BI reports that provide strategic and operational insights for the Driving School. For larger, more complex reports, design a set of wireframes to be reviewed and signed-off by report owner
- Design and implement LOB Power Apps: manage the design, development and implementation of new Power Apps that will enable the frontline and back office support teams to work more efficiently and improve unstructured data integrity
- Planning and delivery: provide timely updates to the BI manager on initial and ongoing delivery, progress, slippage, risks, issues and quality such as peer reviews. Share lessons learned with the wider BI team providing feedback as required
- Delivery and automation of forecast and LTV models: working with key stakeholders, implement data solutions that deliver robust modelling capability to be used to assess and predict financial performance and customer life time values
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven hands-on experience working with Power BI, minimum of 12 months
- Proven hands-on experience deploying dashboards, linking visuals to existing Power BI reports
- Experience in T-SQL, working with SQL Server versions 2012+
- Strong experience designing and implementing Power Apps
- Expert in Excel including formulas, Pivot tables (including Power Pivot), Power Query and the Data Model
- Comprehensive knowledge of DAX
- Strong experience in M
- Experience with designing / maintaining sematic models in SSAS or equivalent tool
- API consumption e.g. REST API
- Hands-on experience implementing data flow solutions within Microsoft Flow
- Experience designing report solutions in R, Python or equivalent languages
- Experience in embedding Power BI reports
- Motivated, self-learner who can work with a degree of autonomy when needed
- Enjoys working with agile methodologies
- Ability to manage workload across multiple workstreams and deliverables
- Planning horizon 0-6 months, personal utilisation / availability 4-6 weeks
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability and influence when required
- Ability to think latterly and see connections between behaviours and trends in business information alongside ongoing operational and strategic objectives
- Keep abreast of updates and enhancements to the Power Platform
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
Related Jobs (10)
Marketing Data Scientist – Placement Year (Start: July 2021) on December 10, 2020 Internship