- Salary Range Competitive
- Job Level Experienced (non manager)
Are you a former police officer looking to return to the role?
If you have:
- Previously served as a member of any home office police force and either resigned or retired from that force.
- Satisfactorily completed the period of probation of service in the rank of constable.
- The drive and motivation to continue making Cheshire’s communities safer?
Then Cheshire Constabulary would welcome your application.
The Recruitment Process
- Online Application – complete our online application form which will include eligibility checks and a short expression of interest.
- Interview – candidates that pass the shortlisting stage will be invited to a values based interview/discussion.
- Pre-employment checks – including vetting, fitness, biometrics and medical. Please see the PC page of our website for further information.
This advert is open until 29th February however we would encourage those interested to apply as soon as possible as we may be able to progress their application before the closing date.
Please note that when applying to Cheshire postings are determined taking into account the organisational demand, the needs of the community and individual preference. Whilst every effort will be made to meet individual preferences this, regrettably, cannot always be guaranteed.
If you have any questions on re-joiners, including eligibility, terms and conditions, pensions etc. please refer to the attached College of Policing guidance. Please click here to view this document.
If you are currently a serving police officer in another home office force and wish to transfer to Cheshire, please apply as a Transferee.
Cheshire Constabulary is committed to Equality& Diversity and is keen to recruit people with a wide range of skills and experiences and an understanding of cultural issues.
Reasonable Adjustments & Accommodations:
It is important that you consider at an early stage of the process if you would like to request arrangements that will assist you in completing the selection process. For example, in relation to disability, dyslexia, learning difficulties, pregnancy, injury etc. Any requests for reasonable adjustments will be considered and arranged where possible. This information will be treated with the utmost confidence. If you require any support or further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a re-joiner?
A re-joiner is a person who is to be appointed as a member of a police force having previously served as a member of a police force, having satisfactorily completed the period of probationary service in the rank of constable required under Regulation 12 and resigned or retired from that force.
A re-joiner is not a person participating in the Direct Entry Inspector or Superintendent programmes; a transferee from another force; someone on secondment; someone on a career break or a member of a police force.