- Job Reference 32608
- SALARY & BENEFITS £47,584 - £54,237 plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates
Want to work on digital services which help keep millions of people safe every year? Could you make a real difference in an award-winning digital team?
If you want great employee benefits, flexible working arrangements and the chance to play a key role in digital road safety services, we’d love to hear from you
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding its digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. We need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Roles Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Systems design and process optimisation
- Building maintainable value-based services to meet customer need.
- Live support
- Cross-Government and industry working.
You will also have:
- Substantive experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Expert understanding of AWS infrastructure environment design and management and implementation
- Strong technical background with configuration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible and Salt to automate infrastructure builds.
- Experience administering common open source databases such as MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB
- Previous experience coordinating a team of DevOps engineers
- Good familiarity with common network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS
- Good exposure to common network technologies such as firewalls, switching, MPLS, DNS
- Understanding of application deployment strategies, continuous integration and version control with tools such as Git and Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration
- Experience / understanding of complex, multi-server services in high-availability environments
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits.
– a generous annual leave entitlement,
– attractive pension options,
– flexible working,
– good career development opportunities,
– a variety of career paths,
– inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.