- Job Reference 31224
- SALARY & BENEFITS Salary: £37,803 - £41,585 (depending on skills and experie
- Job Level Senior Executive Officer
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Building digital services and software solutions to serve a variety of user needs
• Implementing APIs for internal and external use
• Building a robust, automated test suite to support a Continuous Development environment
• Reusing of code from across government / open source platforms
• Working with service/product managers to define service roadmaps
• Taking part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms
Please see the Job Description for an in-depth view of the post.
You will also have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
- Substantive experience with cloud providers such as AWS, GCE, Azure, etc.
- Design and implementation experience of cloud based infrastructure strategies.
- Strong understanding of configuration management tools e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt to automate infrastructure builds.
- Experience administering common open source databases e.g. MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, etc.
- Good familiarity with common network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, etc.
- Good exposure to common network technologies e.g. Firewalls, switching, MPLS, DNS.
- Understanding of application deployment strategies, Continuous Integration and version control with tools such as Git and Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Server Technologies.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration.
- Experience / understanding of complex, multi-server services in high-availability environments.
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.