As Participation Coordinator, you will be responsible for the coordination, administration and development of The Old Vic’s Front Line and Front Line Lambeth programmes, under the guidance of the Participation Manager. You will also support the Participation Manager with the administration of the emerging theatre professionals programmes and will lead on the administration of the Old Vic Facilitators programme. Our programmes are funding dependent and as such you will also support other Old Vic youth engagement projects as required. These projects will serve particular strategic objectives as defined in The Old Vic Business Plan (as updated annually). You will also contribute to organisation wide initiatives from an Education and Community perspective.
The Education & Community department is led by the Education & Community Director and also includes the Head of Education and Community, the Education Manager (Schools Club), the Education Manager (Take the Lead), the Community Manager, the Participation Manager and the Education & Community Assistant. This team is supported by a network of freelance artists and administrators.
Key Areas of responsibility
- To lead on the administration and delivery of the Front Line and Front Line Lambeth programmes ensuring targets are met and that agreed outputs are delivered on time and to budget
- To develop good relationships with local organisations taking part in the Front Line Lambeth programme and act as the main point of contact for them during project delivery
- To lead on the administration of the Old Vic Facilitators programme and act as a main point of contact for participants
- To develop and maintain strategic links with relevant outreach organisations to support the participation strand of work and keep the outreach database up to date
- To contribute to the development and content of wider participation initiatives
- To act as the main point of contact for participants on Front Line, Front Line Lambeth and Old Vic Facilitators
- To manage the budgets for Front Line, Front Line Lambeth and Old Vic Facilitators ensuring programmes are delivered to agreed budget
- To work closely with the marketing team on communications for Front Line, including copy, images and promotion
- To line manage freelance artists and facilitators with support from the Programme Manager
- To work closely with The Old Vic’s Theatre Management, Front of House and Box Office teams to arrange Front Line placements
- To support the Participation Manager with the administration of the emerging theatre professionals programmes, such as Old Vic Backstage and Old Vic Theatre Makers, and other Education and Community projects as required
- To work closely with The Old Vic’s Design Studio and marketing team to create marketing material for our participation projects, in line with Old Vic branding guidelines
- To support annual reporting through provision of data and interpreted evaluation reports
- To support The Old Vic’s Development department by providing data for reporting purposes and ensuring supporters’ needs are met, and information is available in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- To support the creation of workshop content
- To look for opportunities to engage participants across the organisation
- To maintain an awareness of best practice in arts participation settings
- To attend Development and wider Old Vic events as requested
- To contribute to regular all staff meetings, sharing information and connecting staff with activity across our projects
- To represent The Old Vic at various events and ensure its reputation is maintained
The recruitment process for this role will be two stages:
- 1st stage in person conversation
- 2nd stage in person conversation
- You may be asked to complete a work based skills assessment or challenge
The closing date for this role is Monday 30 May 2022, 11:59pm. First stage conversations are likely to take place on Thursday 9 June 2022.
We actively support and encourage people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets to join us and help shape what we do. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people of the global majority, LGBTQ+, neurodiverse and disabled candidates.
We may take positive action, in cases where candidates are equally qualified, to increase the employment of under-represented groups at The Old Vic.
In the event that we ask you to attend the theatre for a conversation and you are struggling financially, we may be able to reimburse you for any reasonable travel costs.