The Business School boasts a £20m purpose-built building, which is also home to the Growth Hub and to the Department of Business Engagement (University in Business). This cohabitation with the business community gives our staff and students the opportunity to interact seamlessly, and on a regular basis, working on real life projects that help foster the growth of our students, businesses and the whole region’s economy. Our courses cover areas from business management, accounting, finance, law, marketing and hospitality and tourism management. The School is seeking to appoint Apprenticeship Coaches to support the mentoring and progression of our apprenticeship learners – particularly the SLMDA and CMDA.
You will be responsible for the on-programme support of our Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship, Senior Leaders Master Degree Apprenticeship and other Business School Apprenticeships in the development of their skills and behaviour standards. This will include coaching and provision of high-quality support, guidance and feedback for all apprentices enrolled on relevant Business and Management apprenticeship programmes. We are seeking people with either experience of delivering apprenticeships, or experienced business leaders and coaches.
- Work with the Apprenticeship Academic Course Leader and Apprenticeship team to ensure you understand the relevant apprenticeship programmes, assessments, and the required knowledge, skills, behaviours and values
- Provide a structured and appropriate development journey for the apprentices enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Ensure monthly performance update on learners and progress reviews with learners and line managers
- Work collaboratively with apprenticeship team, line managers and apprenticeship support
- Provide feedback to the apprentice on their progress against knowledge skills and behaviours relevant to their standards
- Communicate effectively with learners using appropriate tools and actively encourage learner engagement with their programmes using resources available
- Provide academic and safeguarding support to learners and maintain all documentation in line with apprenticeship expectations
- Providing advice and guidance in respect to university taught regulations (study, progression and awards).
Grade 7 Roles will be paid at between £21.47 and £24.16 per hour depending on experience. Coaches will be allocated between 6 and 10 Apprentice learners and allocated 10 hours per learner. There will be an expectation that each learner receives a minimum of 4 one-to-one coaching sessions of 30 minutes with additional time allocated to training, completion of relevant paperwork and the provision of paperwork and development plans.
Before being allocated learners coaches will engage in a briefing and training session outlining the role and expectations.
Roles are flexible and will be homebased with some travel to Oxstalls if desired/ necessary.
Interview Date: Beginning of February
The University understands the benefits of recruiting a diverse range of people and welcomes applications from under-represented sections of the community.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader, guaranteeing to offer an interview to anyone who meets the definition of disability set out in the Equality Act 2010 and who meets all of the essential criteria contained within the person specification.
Please download and save the Application for Employment Form to your computer. You will need to complete this form as part of the online application process. Your application will not be considered without this form.
Downloads: O159 Per… (.pdf) (82kb)
Vacancy Links: Application for Employment Form