- Salary Range Competitive
- Job Level Experienced (non manager)
- INDUSTRY SECTOR Law
Eversheds Sutherland are known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solution for every client.
As a full service law firm, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the USA providing legal advice to clients across its company commercial, human resources, litigation and dispute management, and real estate practices.
With 69 offices across 37 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
We have one of the largest full service Real Estate teams of any global law practice and are consistently ranked in directories worldwide. We act for 62 of the FTSE 100, 58 of the Fortune 100 and 92 of the Fortune 200 and are also on the panels of 25 major international banks and several hundred global companies. Our landmark deals include the £1.2 billion acquisition and development financing of The Shard in London, securing a development agreement for Facebook’s new 250,000 square foot European headquarters on London’s Oxford Street, the $1.6 billion acquisition of the landmark skyscraper 1285 Avenue of the Americas in New York City and advising one of the world’s largest tech companies on its corporate office portfolio across EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Our Leeds Corporate Real Estate team acts for a wide range of corporate occupiers including WM Morrison Supermarkets plc, Next, Sports Direct – and many more! We act on all property matters for these clients from their most strategic projects (such as HQ relocations) to their routine estate management transactions (licences, renewals, acquisitions etc.) – and everything in between.
You will be an important member of our client service teams assisting on specific projects but you will also be responsible for running your own case load of estate management transactions. Your duties will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of transactional documentation including surrenders, lease renewals and licences, freehold sales and acquisitions.
- Undertaking, reviewing and reporting on search results, title investigation and negotiated documents.
- Providing real estate support to our commercial and banking colleagues on their projects.
- Dealing with completions and post-completion aspects of the transactions, including SDLT Returns and Land Registry applications.
- Client contact – transactional and relationship management including feeding into weekly and monthly client updates
- Running transactions and files from day one, this will include managing financial aspects on each matter
Skills and experience:
- Excellent academic qualifications
- Completion of the LPC is desirable but not essential
- A team player who is client focused
- Experience within a real estate team and will have strong technical skills, potentially landlord and tenant work
- Proficient on excel, word, powerpoint and outlook
- Great people skills
- Experience of a commercial real estate environment
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.