Do you have experience in communicating with secondary school pupils and college students, ideally relating to Widening Participation or recruitment? Can you demonstrate effective communication skills using a variety of communication technologies, including managing social media content across a range of channels?
If this sounds like you we have an exciting opportunity to support, develop and administer our Outreach and UK Student Recruitment Teams systems and processes to promote awareness of higher education and our University amongst potential students from non-traditional backgrounds.
This post will involve:
- Marketing, promotion and communication of our outreach scheme and activities to target schools, colleges and students.
Overseeing and developing team administrative processes
- Supporting, developing and administering the Outreach Teams’ event booking systems
- Monitoring, populating and maintaining partner contacts within the Higher Education Access Tracker (HEAT) database.
- Providing a point of contact for key partner colleges, including attending planning meetings
- You will have, amongst other skills:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisation and experience of using databases, systems/spreadsheets
- The ability to write persuasive, clear and concise correspondence including copy writing, for print, e-mail and other social media platforms
- The ability to develop, interpret, apply and communicate regulations and procedures.
- Proficiency in a range of software packages, including the full Microsoft Office Suite
This post will require some hours to be worked in the evening and at weekends e.g. our Open days and some outreach activities are held on Saturdays.
Initially this role is likely to be based at home so the ability to work remotely is essential at this time. The nature of this role will mean that an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
This is a full-time, permanent post. Job-sharers are welcome to apply.
Further details: Job Description
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background because the university is underrepresented by BAME staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us section of our vacancies page.