Cheshire Constabulary on behalf of the North West Armed Policing Collaboration (NWAPC) has an exciting opportunity for a scale SO1/2 police staff member to join our team as a Compliance Officer based at our Runcorn office
In this role you will be required to:
- Conduct compliance visits (both planned and spontaneous) in each Firearms and STO Taser training delivery centre within the NWAPC
- Provide a service within the Collaboration which identifies best practice and promotes consistency
- Observe and report on training
- Provide reports to support your recommendations
- Ensure training is completed in accordance with The National Firearms Training Curriculum (NPFTC)
- Conduct National Firearms Instructor (NFI) peer assessments
- Undertake regional Training Gap Analysis
- Maintain the Compliance NFI role profile
- The ideal candidate will meet the requirements outlined in the experience and qualifications section in the role profile attached to this advert.
Please Click Here for Role Profile
Please write a 2000 word application on a word document evidencing the knowledge and experience within the role profile and attach this to your application.
Important: The information and examples provided in the supporting statement is how applicants are marked/scored as to how their examples meet the essential and desirable criteria required for the role.
Please evidence your qualifications, experience, knowledge/skills/abilities and any special request for the role in not more than 2000 words.
You will need to give a full, clear, specific and demonstrate examples of how you meet the criteria. Please make it clear which criteria you are evidencing.
It is the example you provide in the supporting statement that will determine if you are suitable for the role.
Qualifications & Experience
The post holder will require the following qualifications:
- Nationally trained police firearms instructor ( within the last 2 years)
- Sound knowledge of the National Police Firearms Training Curriculum (NPFTC)
- Accredited Health and Safety NVQ level 3 IOSH trained (desirable)
- A1 or TAQA or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- Must be able to meet the SC vetting level
- Currently employed police staff must note that you require line manager support. Without this, we will be unable to progress your application. Any applications submitted without this support will not be progressed through the process.
You are required to obtain Line Manager Support. Please use the below link to access the form and ensure that it is uploaded on your application. The form is under Recruitment & Promotions at the bottom. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS FORM.
Where the role requires a specific qualification you will also be required to bring the original certificate as proof of your achievement and a photocopy to interview. Current police staff will also be required to bring a copy of your most recent PDR
The Police Service is an equal opportunities organisation and is determined to ensure that:
The workforce reflects the diverse society which it serves and that the working environment is free from any form of discrimination, victimization or harassment
No job applicant or volunteer is treated more or less favourably on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religious belief or disability. This is subject to the Police Service engaging in positive action scheme which intends to overcome or minimize a person’s disadvantage
No job applicant or volunteer is disadvantaged by a provision, criterion or practice which cannot be shown to be a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim
Should you require a reasonable adjustment to our recruitment process please contact MFSS Recruitment on 01606 366800 at the earliest opportunity to ensure that measures can be put in place to enable your application for this post
The Force does not reimburse travel to interview expenses
The Force operates a no smoking policy
Related Jobs (8)
Custody Investigation Team – Civilian Investigator on April 17, 2021 Full Time Permanent
Specialist – Constable – Intelligence Development Unit on April 12, 2021 Full Time Permanent