Southwark Council is the Freeholder for 14,000+ leaseholders. Part of the Homeownership department’s responsibility is to ensure the proper billing and collection of the leaseholders’ service charges. These bills can be for large amounts of money, so where appropriate, we offer the leaseholders a loan in the form of a mortgage to pay for the works.
You’ll have knowledge of:
– The pertinent associated regulations and directions, including Landlord and Tenant and Housing Acts
– Accountancy principles
– Basic housing management services
You’ll have experience in:
– Applying accountancy principles
– Debtors’ management systems, the use of computerised spreadsheets, and other computer software such as Microsoft Office
– Researching, compiling and presenting reports and procedures to a range of forums
– Administration work
Skills & Abilities:
– To prioritise effectively and meet deadlines, particularly when faced with changing priorities
– Proactive, able to work on own initiative and be self-motivated and committed to providing a service to customers
– High degree of interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at different levels both orally and in writing and able to write complex reports
– Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
This post requires enhanced employment checks, including a DBS check.
Closing Date: 21 July 2020
Interview and Assessment Date: 4 August 2020
(COVID-19) – information for job applicants: Southwark Council are following the most recent Government guidelines surrounding Corona virus. During this period, we still look forward to receiving your application and if successful, we will be conducting interviews remotely via video link. Details will be confirmed via email, if successful.
how to apply
Please apply online at: https://www.jobsatsouthwark.co.uk/jobs/mortgage-officer-sc03721 and view the Job Description
Document at the bottom of the page before applying.
Please note: we cannot accept applications via email – please visit our jobsite.