The Marketing Intern reports into the Head of Marketing and assists with marketing activities for all aspects of the company.
The Marketing Intern will receive full support and training from the whole Marketing team but the role allows the Intern the scope to work on their own initiative and bring their own ideas that they may execute, to the role.
Exhibitions & events
- Exhibitions – assisting with planning, organisation, packing items, implementation and attendance at shows as required.
- Demonstrations – assisting with planning, organisation, implementation and attendance at demonstrations as required.
- Client events – assisting with planning, organisation, implementation and attendance as required.
- Planning and organising staff events with the Marketing team as per direction from Head of Marketing.
- External company newsletter – creation, collation of content and distribution.
- Staff newsletter – working with the Marketing team to create content and collation of information.
- Press releases – collate and create content for notable activity within the company.
- Social media – developing content, artwork and posting news items on JFD social media channels.
- Mailshots – create content and issue relevant mailshots to customer base.
- Website – update webpages with relevant content.
Collateral / branding
- Marketing collateral – working alongside the Marketing team by coordinating, producing and collating artwork, images and content as required.
- Implementing brand guidelines, maintaining and developing corporate identity.
- Support assistance to representatives/agents by providing up to date marketing information, ensure they have the correct contacts within JFD, assisting with other requirements they may have.
- Help develop marketing campaigns / marketing plans by providing input and ideas for engaging with customers.
- Assist by implementing the marketing activities identified in the marketing campaigns / plans.
- Corporate and social responsibility – working with the Marketing team to implement.
- Reviewing requests for work to the Marketing team and identifying who in the team should be responsible.
- Support to the Marketing team as required.
- Demonstrate our 4 key valued behaviours: pioneering spirit, integrity, energy and resilience
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Thrives under pressure
- Task / goal orientated
- Flexible to be able to change work priorities at short notice
- Ability to work to deadline dates
- Self-motivated to move tasks along with little input from others
- Ability to work as part of a group and under own initiative
- Proactive at identifying areas for improvement and putting steps in place to action these
- Willing to travel to exhibitions and events as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A relevant degree /professional qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Have a creative flair with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with InDesign and Photoshop packages advantageous
This is a 6 month intern position, based at JFD in Westhill, Aberdeen and is an opportunity for a recent graduate that has had their employment affected by COVID19.
James Fisher & Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Related Jobs (15)
Category Manager (Food FMCG – Leading Category Manufacturer) on April 7, 2021 Full Time