We are seeking an enthusiastic Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Illustration for Graphic Design to join our design portfolio in the school of Design at the Faculty of Liberal Arts, University of Greenwich in London.
The School of Design is part of a highly successful and vibrant faculty. Frequently commended for our partnership working across the design and creative industries sector, the School delivers high quality research, and a range of undergraduate and post graduate programmes that lead to various creative industries disciplines including Film and TV, Motion Graphics, Animation, Visual communication, Architecture, Construction and Urbanism, and more.
The successful candidate will be an inspirational teacher and have energy and passion for the student experience and be able to work well across multidisciplinary teams. They will also have the excitement to seek out interdisciplinary opportunities both within the UoG and externally, and to agent, cultivate and engage with established and new networks.
To compliment the current team’s academic portfolio, we are particularly interested in applicants with specialist experience in illustration for graphic design and/or illustration for motion graphics and design related fields with competencies in both analogue (design studio making) and digital formats.
Most of the vacancy’s duties will involve teaching in a variety of settings, including online and face-to-face studio; assessment; and the provision of pastoral and academic support to students, including supervising undergraduate and /or postgraduate dissertations.
The post holder will take on the responsibility of Module Leader, undertaking the associated administration and quality assurance related to the delivery of specified modules. The successful candidate will be required to work closely and professionally with students and staff members at all levels.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a background in the area of illustration, graphic design and communication, holding a degree and a postgraduate qualification in a related subject area or equivalent demonstrated through practice
- excellent knowledge of design related areas such us; Illustration book design, editorial design motion graphics; typography and semiotics
- experience of teaching at undergraduate level, assessment and student feedback
- experience of the associated administrative and quality requirements
- recognised teaching qualification or HEA,
- knowledge and experience research and enterprise activities
- excellent communication skills
Please note that this job could be considered for job share.
Should you have any queries please contact the HR Recruitment Team on HR-Recruitment@gre.ac.uk
We are looking for people who can help us deliver our mission of transforming lives through inspired teaching and research, through our values.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.