This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Project Manager to join a thriving multi-campus University to deliver key projects in support of the University strategic plan. You will primarily lead on business facing IT related implementation projects, including an active project to implement a university wide Curriculum Management System.
Working as part of a team in Information Services, you will work closely with stakeholders within the department and across the University in academic schools and central services to understand what’s needed and deliver within recognised constraints to meet those needs.
If you can say yes to having the qualities and experience described below, we’d love to hear from you:
- I have substantial experience of managing complex IT projects.
- I am a competent, collaborative leader and problem solver.
- I am organised and good at detailed planning.
- I am good at motivating, coaching and directing a team to deliver what’s needed, to a high standard.
- I like working with people, I’m empathetic and a great communicator.
- I have a proven record of negotiating and collaborating with a range of stakeholders, understanding and prioritising a variety of needs.
- I have some experience of formal procurement processes.
- I have a project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent).
The university offers excellent rewards for the right candidate including a contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, personal development and access to sports facilities.
This full-time role is a permanent post.
Job sharers are welcome to apply.
Remote working options will be considered for this role in line with our remote working framework.
Interviews are expected to take place on 14th/15th February.
Further details: Job Description
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background because the university is underrepresented by BAME staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us section of our vacancies page.