We are seeking an Information Services Officer to join our dynamic and high achieving team who provide a front-line service to users of the National Heritage List for England (NHLE) and our crowdsourcing initiative Enriching The List (ETL).
If you have knowledge of the current procedures relating to the listing process and are you committed to providing an excellent standard of service to customers, then this is the opportunity for you.
We will support and develop your customer service skills and you will use your knowledge of the process of how Historic England identify the most important parts of our heritage so that they can receive special protection.
We offer a wide benefits package including a competitive pension scheme, 28 days holiday per annum, corporate discounts and free entry into English Heritage Sites.
What you will be doing:
As a valuable member of the team you will be responsible for being in a key front-line role in which you will support the day to day running of the NHLE and ETL.
You will be responsible for answering a diverse range of listing related enquiries as well as those from other parts of the business as required. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues around you to provide accurate responses to these enquires within agreed service standards.
You will moderate content submitted as part of our Enriching The List initiative as well as collating statistical information and creating reports. You will work closely with the Information Services Manager and provide administrative support for the team as required.
Who we are looking for:
- Proven experience of responding to customer enquiries via phone and email, and of delivering an excellent standard of customer service.
- Experience of working in a heritage/planning environment and have sound knowledge of the current procedures relating to listing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a natural ability to deal with customers and staff at all levels.
- Experience in office administration you will be competent in the use of Microsoft Outlook and Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Self-motivated individual who can manage their own workload and juggle conflicting priorities.
- Excellent team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you. Having just won the Gold Award from MIND, we also recognize the importance of a healthy work -life balance. We offer a wide benefits package including a competitive pension scheme, a generous 28 days holiday, corporate discounts, free entry into English Heritage sites across the county and development opportunities to ensure you achieve your goals.
Provisional interview date: w/c 24th May 2021
Supplementary documents: Job Description