‘We welcome applications from every part of the community. We’re particularly interested to hear from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic people, women, disabled people and those who identify as LGBT+. We believe everyone is involved in making DVSA an inclusive and great place to work’
Are you a confident communicator who enjoys building rapport with colleagues and stakeholders?
Do you find it easy to adjust and amend your priorities when things change quickly?
If so we would love to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented HR professional who is passionate about working in Human Resources and implementing positive changes within an organisation.
The successful candidate will coordinate the implementation and delivery of key HR initiatives. You will be the interface between the other areas of HR and the business, responsible for translating business requirements into effective HR practices, delivering people solutions aligned to strategic objectives.
This role is also responsible for driving improved business outcomes and providing strategic support to the business, not just on people issues but across the wider HR function.
• Partner the business to ensure that HR policies and processes are consistently implemented and embedded within DVSA.
• In conjunction with senior management, and the Organisational Development and Improvement Team, assist in identifying, planning and implementing HR interventions that will drive increased capability and performance within the business.
• Develop practical people strategies with line managers that address immediate and long-term key strategic objectives
• Develop excellent knowledge of accountable business areas to assist senior managers proactively to improve business outcomes
• Support the timely and efficient delivery of planned human resources programmes into the organisation by presenting intent of the programme and mentoring managers in delivery and taking care of concerns raised by employees.
• Support change by working with managers to ensure they fully understand the rationale behind the change, the vision for the future, what needs to be done, and to surface the impact that the changes will have on the organisation and the people.
• Provide mentorship to managers and partners in assessing the capability and capacity of the team using an appropriate model
• Deliver regular advice sessions for HR processes to assist the implementation of HR policy/guidance and practice, ensuring that business delivery managers adhere to and, promote compliance
For further information, please see the role profile.
We are looking for someone with a background of working in HR and understands the practices and policies.
You will have an awareness and understanding of DVSA business objectives and the behaviours and values we work by.
As an excellent communicator, you can deliver information with impact to a varied audience effectively, ensuring the message is received and understood.
Working autonomously gives you confidence to make decisions with confidence, while taking the immediate and future outcomes into consideration.
You bring a flexible approach to your work and you adjust with ease when changes occur and you need to re-priortise your tasks.
This post is a fixed term appointment for 12 months with the potential to be made permanent if required.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
We’re an organisation that values professional expertise. We work in inclusive and diverse teams. Meeting the needs of the people who use our services runs through everything we do.
We have exciting plans for the next 5 years to continue making our roads safer. Join us on our journey and help us to save lives.
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our ‘one team’ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and that’s why we’re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
You’ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and communities, including individuals who identify as female, male, trans, non binary, disabled, black, Asian or minority ethnic etc.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Jake Stapleton
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment team :
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
Related Jobs (15)
HEO Business Analysts / SEO Senior Business Analysts on October 16, 2020 Full TimePart Time
Executive Director for Children & LA Company Chief Executive on October 14, 2020 Permanent