As Head of Music Operations, you’ll be responsible for overseeing all technical processes relating to activating and managing music content from rightsholder partners.
You will have a confident outlook and personality, working together with other teams and departments in the company to lead the effort in ingesting and managing new catalogue delivered to Lickd and expanding our offering to creators.
Somebody with experience working with music metadata, files, and with an understanding of the music industry supply chain. We want a person with a passion for music, who also enjoys the technical side of all things digital. The right candidate for this role will be, above all, resourceful.
You will be completely comfortable researching and learning something new on your own, and possess a good working knowledge of music and metadata in a technical and operational capacity.
(Lickd are able to accommodate some flexibility on remote working)
Reports to Head of Music and Licensing
- Liaise with rightsholder partners to facilitate and manage content deliveries and updates.
- Oversee the Lickd catalogue ingestion process – including content deliveries, media ingestion, as well as metadata ingestion, mapping and management.
- Work closely with internal teams to improve efficiency of catalogue management and reporting.
- Oversee administration of media assets on YouTube’s Content ID and other platform rights management systems.
- Lead technical conversations with Rightsholders where it relates to YouTube Content ID, content delivery and metadata.
- Oversee YouTube claims management process.
Required General Experience:
- At least 3-5 years experience in an operational, digital or supply chain facing role within the Music industry.
- Keen interest in the Music Industry as a whole, and a good understanding of the YouTube Creator / Influencer Ecosystem.
- Approachable, courteous, decisive. A strong work ethic and a desire to pitch in across multiple departments within the business.
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment.
- Enjoys troubleshooting and finding solutions.
Required Technical Experience:
- Knowledge of the music industry digital supply chain.
- Confidence using software and systems including:
- Microsoft Office Suite – particularly Excel.
- FTP servers
- AWS / S3
- Familiarly or knowledge of XML file formats.
- Complete understanding of common audio and video formats and standards, with good experience processing media of different types, and editing, arranging and encoding/transcoding audio and video.
- Experience / Understanding of YouTube’s Content ID ecosystem
- Experience with content strategy, music programming and performance analysis
- Experience managing a small team.
- Experience with DDEX standards.
- Completed YouTube certification badge(s).
- Experience using SQL