HMLR have a great opportunity to join us as The Head of Macroeconomics and Demand Forecasting. This role will enable you to create and lead a high-performing economic team in support of HMLR’s key strategic decisions and major business cases. You will provide thought leadership on economics and in particular on macroeconomics, to build a thriving economic community.
This is a high-profile and strategic role, interfacing regularly with all members of the Executive Board and providing input to discussions at the Land Registry Board. The post holder will work effectively with leadership at all levels of the organisation, using evidence and analysis to influence the organisation’s key decisions and offering evidence-based challenge where it is needed. The role offers a chance to establish a new economics function in a fascinating area, with strong support from an engaged executive board and Chief Analyst.
The successful candidate will work on strategy, operational delivery and policy, and will have the chance to build their own team.
The main duties include the following:
• Work with the Chief Analyst to design and deliver an economic function, putting in place appropriate standards and support systems for economists and helping to establish the scale and structure of HMLR’s analytical community. Take responsibility for the quality of HMLR’s economic analysis;
• Deliver thought leadership around the evidence in support of HMLR’s activities, and in particular:
o Develop a clear strategic narrative setting out HMLR’s position in the economy and the impacts of its activities, identify key evidence gaps, and put in place a strategy to address them;
o Bring economic analysis to bear on HMLR’s key strategic decisions;
o Manage and quality-assure the economic elements of major business cases;
• Build relationships with key stakeholders, including HMT, the geospatial commission, and BEIS, as well as estate agents and conveyancers;
• Deliver, maintain and develop a clear strategic narrative around HMLR’s impact in the property market;
• Deliver, maintain and develop HMLR’s medium-term demand forecasts and leading indicators of economic turning points, aligning with Office for Budgetary Responsibility (OBR) and other property market forecasts;
• Manage a team of five staff in the first instance (we expect some growth with demand), with direct line management responsibility for one G7 and one SEO.
You will have deep knowledge of macroeconomics and ability to apply it in a range of contexts and skills in econometric modelling. Significant experience of developing major business cases and evidence narratives, and of engagement cross-Whitehall and especially with HMT. You will be able to demonstrate your experience of presenting analysis with impact, including authoring papers and presenting findings at Board level. Your proven track record of using evidence to influence strategic decision-making and of analytical quality assurance under significant pressure will be easy to showcase. You are a strong leader and manager.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Developing Self and Others
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Qualification or relevant experience
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Hiroko Plant
Email : email@example.com
Telephone : 0300 006 7569
Recruitment team :
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance to the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from HM Land Registry then you may take your complaint to the Civil Service Commission: http://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/making-complaint/
Related Jobs (16)
UKAEA Materials Science and Engineering Talent Pool on July 27, 2020 Full Time Permanent