- Job Reference 31459
- SALARY & BENEFITS £47,584 - £54,237 plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates
- Job Level Senior management
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital!
Roles Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Managing the resources and value for money of the core team and third parties delivering infrastructure services to DVSA.
- Ensuring change plans are managed, controlled, resourced and reported.
- Leading a fully functioning insourced & outsourced infrastructure team.
- Developing class-leading infrastructure management automation, management and monitoring systems and processes.
- Developing key processes with other Digital and Technology teams and external suppliers.
You will also have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
- Experience of hands-on Design and Support Complex infrastructure services.
- Delivery of infrastructure projects in a complex enterprise.
- In-depth knowledge of the following technologies or approaches:
o Microsoft Active Directory.
o Major public cloud IaaS (specifically Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure).
o Enterprise-grade networking solutions and protocols (preferably Cisco).
o Change Management.
o Incident Management.
o Problem Management.
- Broad knowledge of all infrastructure related technology and approaches.
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
- Developing Self and Others
- Managing a Quality Service
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension