- SALARY & BENEFITS £47,584 - £54,237
- Job Contact Helen Milne
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- EDUCATION LEVEL Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- Job Level Graduate
- INDUSTRY SECTOR Public Services
Are you a qualified CCAB accountant?
Do you enjoy building meaningful and influential working relationships with others?
Would you like to be part of a team that has a significant influence on DVSA investments?
If so, we would love to hear from you!.
DVSA has a complex portfolio of around 20 programmes and projects representing investments of over £140m. These programmes and projects include business changes, estates and digital transformations. All investments are supported by a robust business case, for which this role holder is the Centre of Excellence for both the economic and financial Case.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
– acting as Centre of Excellence / Subject Matter Expert for the review and challenge of change proposals and business cases (particularly with regard to the economic and financial cases and including quality reviews) and to consider the wider implications across the Agency, and to cascade information to others as appropriate;
– providing advice, support and challenge on the systems and procedures for considering and approving investment and change proposals, and to support continuous improvement. This includes work to develop a DVSA investment appraisal handbook;
– membership of the Agency’s Investment and Change Committee (ICC);
– leading and acting as a role model for all team members and colleagues, promoting development opportunities and an inclusive working environment.
You will be a qualified CCAB accountant who is eager to work collaboratively with others, building trusting relationships that will allow you to positively influence decisions at all levels. You will have an analytical mindset, with a keen understanding of how your own work ties in to that of the wider business. Your strategic approach allows you to consider future challenges and adapt to these early in a proactive way.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
We’re an organisation that values professional expertise. We work in inclusive and diverse teams. Meeting the needs of the people who use our services runs through everything we do.
We have exciting plans for the next 5 years to continue making our roads safer. Join us on our journey and help us to save lives.
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our ‘one team’ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and that’s why we’re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
You’ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and communities, including individuals who identify as female, male, trans, non binary, disabled, black, Asian or minority ethnic etc.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Government Finance Competency Framework
- Government Finance Competency Framework
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits.
– a generous annual leave entitlement,
– attractive pension options,
– flexible working,
– good career development opportunities,
– a variety of career paths,
– inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Helen Milne
Email : email@example.com
Recruitment team :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
government finance function career framework financial accounting and reporting (1) Opens in new window (pdf, 612kB)
VX Candidate Notes and Guidance for CV and Personal Statement Opens in new window (pdf, 1178kB)
Role Profile Opens in new window (doc, 828kB)