Are you interested in the UK’s housing market, one of the most active property markets in the world? As part of our award-winning communications team you could be contributing to our important work every day – it’s an exciting time to be joining us.
HM Land Registry is a successful, high-performing, innovative organisation. For more than 150 years HM Land Registry has protected and guaranteed people’s land and property rights by keeping and maintaining the Land Register for England and Wales.
HM Land Registry (HMLR) aims to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data.
You will line-manage a team of senior communications officers and work with the Head of Corporate Communications to develop the overarching communication strategy.
This role is based in Croydon, where regeneration is transforming the town centre. The new Boxpark street food mall is just minutes from our Trafalgar House office, which is also within walking distance of West Croydon and East Croydon rail stations and the bus station.
Read more about HM Land Registry here:
Working to the Head of Corporate Communications, you will be leading, managing and developing external media, campaigns and planning to deliver HMLR communication strategies.
You will be able to demonstrate good political awareness, analytical insight and strategic thinking skills and expertise to support Directors and other senior members of HM Land Registry and you will be working at a strategic level, with the Head of Corporate Communications and the Executive Board, whilst working closely with central government contacts and high-profile customers.
You will also build capability to meet current and future needs in planning, communication management, delivery and evaluation.
• Develop effective relationships with colleagues in key Other Government Departments (OGD’s) and agencies, including Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and UK Government Investments (UKGI) to ensure an integrated approach to communications
• Work with the Deputy Head of Corporate Communications to improve the overall planning function for the Corporate Communications team ensuring the delivery of both strategic campaigns and day to day communications, balancing resources and priorities effectively
• Develop own knowledge, experience and professional expertise in communications, media and marketing – making sure the team are developing their skills / careers through the Government Communications Service (GCS) and the Chartered Institute for Public Relations (CIPR).
Please see the attached job description for further information.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Deep understanding of strategic campaigns, news agenda, and digital landscape.
- Robust knowledge of communication tools and techniques used to implement strategies that meet organisational objectives.
- Experience of directing high-value and multi-audience communication campaigns.
- Experience of leading on identifying evaluation criteria and reporting to senior leaders and policy teams.
Apply and further information
Recruitment team :
Email : hrresourcingTeam2@landregistry.gov.uk
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance to the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, please email email@example.com in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from HM Land Registry then you may take your complaint to the Civil Service Commission: http://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/making-complaint/