The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is migrating its ERP system to a new platform and we are looking for a FOSS Business Partner and Project Accountant to support the migration.
The successful candidate will work closely with the existing Business Partners and Project Accountants to support their delivery, understand the team’s requirements and represent their interests during the development of the new ERP system.
This role will be based within the Management Accounts and Business Partnering Team.
- Support business as usual Finance Business Partners (FBP), who advise and support budget holders to deliver the Agency’s Business Plan and manage the post-project impacts including changes to budgets, financial commitments and efficiency reporting.
- Support Projects FBP, who will manage the financial impacts of the DVSA Project Portfolio
- Provide expert advice, support and challenge to DVSA managers and budget holders including, information, analysis and interpretation to underpin effective decision making, meaningful performance management and meet Agency & statutory requirements.
- Escalate any concerns arising from conversations with Senior Responsible Officers or Senior Managers.
- Support managers in understanding project finances and support the development of the Finance and Economic models for inclusion in Outline and Full Business cases
- Agree a forecast, profiled monthly with each budget holder within a directorate and reflect in the financial system
- Attend Senior Management Meetings for a directorate as the Finance representative, to present the latest forecast, material variance and discuss any financial issues
- Execute management responsibilities effectively and in line with DVSA policies and processes; working with, leading and acting as a role model for team members and colleagues in line with Civil Service values.
- Identify budget issues such as financial planning exceeding approved/capped budgets and provide confidence levels in associated risks (including the possibility of delays, underspends, approval timescales)
- Identify and escalate concerns regarding the financial project management to the project board or project SRO
- Ensure month end activities are performed in a timely and efficient manner, including the preparation of accruals and prepayments.
- Ensure that all processes for year-end are completed to required timetables accurately.
Please see the attached Candidate Pack for further information.
We are looking for someone proven experience of financial business partnering and/or project accounting.
You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and you can relay complex information with ease to a varied target audience, ensuring the message is received with the intended understanding.
You have demonstrable experience of, and enjoy interpreting results, providing trends and performance indicators within a financial environment.
You also have significant experience of delivering month end and year-end financial processes.
There may be a requirement for some travel between DVSA locations with occasional overnight stays.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
We’re an innovative organisation that values professional expertise. We invest in our people and champion inclusive and diverse teams. And we make sure colleagues have the skills to meet the needs of Britain’s road users.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities and benefits of working at DVSA visit our Careers website.
Diversity: Our vision is to support and develop everyone who chooses to work for us. We care deeply about diversity and equality. And we create a positive culture that’s friendly, welcoming, respectful
and full of opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Qualified CCAB Accountant
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
To learn more about life as an employee of the DVSA visit our Careers website.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
The Civil Service Nationality Rules has been updated following the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union. The new rules will come into effect on 1st January 2021. We urge people from the EU, European Economic Area and Switzerland to be familiar with the updated Nationality rules prior to applying for this role.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
The sift is due to take place from 4th February 2021.
Interviews/assessments are likely to be held from 15th February 2021.
This interview could be conducted via a video interview, details of which will be provided to you should you be selected for interview.
We’ll try to meet the dates we’ve set out in the advert. But there may be occasions when these dates will change. We’ll give you plenty of notice of any important dates.
How to Apply
Please tailor your CV and personal statement to evidence the following :
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to relay complex financial concepts to professionals and a wide variety of audiences
- Proven experience of financial business partnering and/or project accounting
- Experience in delivery if month end and year end financial processes
We’ve designed the selection process specifically for this role. So your assessment could include:
- an interview
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
Please see attached candidate notes for further information about our recruitment process.
The Department for Transport recruits using Success Profiles. For each role, we consider what you need to demonstrate to be successful.
This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
You can read more about Success Profiles here visit our Careers website.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the ‘Contact point for applicants’ section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UKs
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Name : Sarah ElGuarti
Email : Sarah.Elguarti@DVSA.GOV.UK
Recruitment team :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
Related Jobs (21)
Senior Manager – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion on February 26, 2021 Full Time
Senior Manager, Vocational and Technical Qualifications Policy on February 25, 2021 Fixed Term Permanent