We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual with an educational background looking to build their skills in financial accounting and progress within the business.
This role will work within and under the guidance and development of the Financial Control team, supporting the Roadside Financial Controller to ensure accurate management accounting and financial reporting across the Fleet Operations. This role will work to ensure governance and control over all numbers produced and maintain the accuracy and integrity of the accounts.
What will I be doing?
- Completion of month end for the Fleet, including posting journals, controlling accruals and prepayments and analysing actuals. Ensuring accuracy of the month end and reporting process and achieving all deadlines.
- Work closely with all the finance team & the business to gain a sound understanding of the business and ensure reporting of performance can therefore be insightful and add value.
- Preparing month end reports with analysis and commentary on the results (financial, KPI, balance sheet and cashflow). Ensure the validity, accuracy and integrity of the monthly accounts.
- Completion of all balance sheet reconciliations and financial control requirements for the role.
- Challenge, understand and document all financial processes undertaken within the role.
- Ensure correct accounting governance adhered to within the department (e.g. revenue recognition, lease accounting etc).
- Consolidating forecast and budget submissions from the business and updating planning and consolidation system, ensuring accuracy and timeliness achieved.
- Working with the wider finance teams to continually improve processes, automate and align reporting.
- Cash flow reporting and work alongside the Treasury function to develop cash reporting processes.
- Ensure month end and reporting tasks are achieved within allowable deadlines.
- Ad hoc projects and involvement to support the wider Finance team.
- Contact for external auditors both at year end and interim.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Financially numerate with an educational background
- Commercially minded
- Enthusiastic and ambitious
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team environment
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work independently
- The successful candidate would build knowledge and experience in understanding the drivers of AA Products performance whilst grounding knowledge of core controllership in accounting
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate level education
- Would suit an ambitious individual wanting to start studying towards ACCA/CIMA or an equivalent accounting qualification
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to prioritise manage and deliver under tight or conflicting deadlines
- An innate curiosity & desire to understand and challenge
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.