This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and innovative ETL Developer to help us transform data management and data services.
Cheshire Constabulary are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, experienced and knowledgeable who is focused on delivery of successful Business outcomes.
You’ll be responsible for designing and developing end-to-end BI solutions from requirements capture and architecture using ERD, Dimensional Modelling and Kimball techniques through to implementation using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI reports.
What Skills we are looking for:
- A proven ability to work with business and subject matter experts to gather, analyse and document requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of full Microsoft BI stack – SSIS, SSAS (Tabular), SSRS – SSDT, SQL Server 12/14/16, T-SQL, DAX and Power BI development.
- Experienced in BI related tasks including data analysis, testing, profiling, cleansing, quality management, SQL performance tuning, ETL data flow optimisations and testing through to implementation
- experience in ETL from disparate sources for Data Warehousing projects using SSIS and T-SQL. Comfortable using C# to develop script transforms or script tasks.
- Must be comfortable with designing logical data models and implementing as physical data models.
- Experience of Azure, specifically Office 365, Power BI, SQL Database and Tabular Services preferable
In addition to the salary we offer an excellent contributory Local Government Pension scheme.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Subsidised on premise Gym
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts and savings on shopping, and more.
- Learning and development tailored to your career path, and progression opportunities within the Force
The full role profile can be found here.
Important: Please can you provide a copy of your CV (curriculum Vitae) to support your application. You must ensure your CV includes your skills, experience and qualifications.
Cheshire Constabulary is fully supportive of equality and diversity and strives to employ a workforce which is representative of the community it serves. Applicants are welcomed from all underrepresented groups and support will be made available throughout the recruitment process for all applicants. Under-represented groups include:
- Those from a Black or Minority Ethnic (BME) background, including non-visible ethnic minorities such as Czech, Slovak, Polish, and Gypsy/Traveller’s
- individuals from the LGBT+ community
- People with disabilities
- All other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010.
If you have any queries in relation to equality and diversity, or have a request for any additional support you may need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The force operates a no smoking policy
Educated to level 6 in Information Technology or business related subject or equivalent experience
Hold or be prepared to obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 12 months of appointment.
Related Jobs (9)
Fire, Emergency and Security Systems Apprenticeship on February 22, 2021 Apprenticeship