The BPP School of Business is recruiting English Tutors to support the delivery and development of programmes across the School. We are looking for highly motivated tutors to teach academic skills and academic English (EAP) on our in-sessional English undergraduate and postgraduate programmes within the School and who are excited by the prospect of using their professional expertise to develop careers in higher education.
The role may include some evening teaching (sessions usually 6pm – 8pm) which could be delivered either face to face or online.
Job Background: Home and Office Based Role.
1. Preparing and teaching an intensive course of academic English and academic skills for international students as preparation for management or accounting programmes;
2. Delivering EAP and ESP materials for international students;
3. Ensure that students are appropriately supported and provided with timely and constructive guidance for their academic development;
4. Accurate and timely record keeping;
5. Maintaining regular contact with colleagues to provide feedback on module progress;
6. Ensuring that all academic policies and procedures of the BPP University are adhered to;
7. Any other duties appropriate to the role.
Department: School of Business – Faculty
- Masters in ELT/Applied Linguistics and/or DipTESOL or DELTA
- For those not currently holding either a teaching qualification or a Fellowship of the HEA membership, a commitment to achieving these through BPP’s PGCLT or HEA scheme is essential.
- Experience of EAP in an appropriate HE context;
- Relevant experience of teaching EAP or ESP English classes;
- Experience in teaching and supporting international students undertaking academic programmes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload;
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative;
- Digital literacy;
- An enthusiastic educator who demonstrates passion in their teaching.
- A TEFL-related Certificate with Cambridge or Trinity
- Knowledge of online webinar delivery