- SALARY & BENEFITS £20,130 per annum
- INDUSTRY SECTOR Education
The post holder will work as part of the English Language Centre team, following standard University guidelines and procedures, but is also expected to work on their own initiative and prioritise their workload to meet tight internal deadlines. The post holder is also expected to use their judgement to deal with queries and problems on a daily basis. Guiding principles include a commitment to continuous improvement and the development to the University’s English Language support services.
The job’s purpose is to provide effective and efficient administrative support with minimum supervision and ensuring that work conforms to the agreed quality standard, guidelines and procedures. The post holder is intended to make a significant contribution to the quality of the international student experience and to the University’s international recruitment and external income-generating effort as a member of the English Language Centre (ELC) by:
- Supporting and developing the ELC’s administrative support processes and systems.
- Acting as a point of contact within the ELC, providing specialist knowledge on the services provided
- Taking an active role in the delivery of the ELC services (pre-sessional and in-sessional) provided to international students.
- Assisting in the development the ELC’s range of commitments within the University.
This position does not fulfil the UK Visas & Immigration sponsorship criteria for Tier 2.
We are an equal opportunities employer, celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of background or experience.