Bring your excellent administrative experience to work in our friendly HR department. Based at our Moulsecoomb campus you will provide effective administrative support to pay, and promotions processes, as well as formal and informal trade union meetings. Research in relation to employment law and policy updates may occasionally be required along with general support to the Employee Relations team.
This role provides a good opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in policy development, trade union consultation/negotiation mechanisms, supporting pay and academic promotion processes, and other ad hoc projects.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience of having previously worked within a busy and complex office environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting workloads and prioritise as necessary
- Experience of supporting formal meetings/committees and managing complex and conflicting diary appointments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understand the requirement to maintain confidentiality and be sensitive to the needs of others
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively with a diverse range of fellow colleagues including University board members.
- This is a permanent post and will form part of an existing job share.
The role is for 22 hours per week and can be worked over 3, 4 or 5 days (to be agreed) and must include some hours on a Friday.
Remote interviews are expected to be held w/c 15th February
Further details: Job Description
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background because the university is underrepresented by BAME staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us section of our vacancies page.