To undertake all the day to day activities involved in maintaining duty rosters across the Force, ensuring that all areas of business have the required resources on duty at all times whilst minimising the costs of doing so.
To have a good understanding of and be able to work within policies, procedures, business rules and protocols relating to the Force Resource Planning Department and its functions, including staff rules and regulations.
To be the first point of contact for users of the Duty Planning Function, giving appropriate, consistent, accurate and clear expert advice and guidance on its use and associated policies and procedures.
To provide excellent customer service to all users of the Duty Planning Function. Specifically, to use skills of negotiation, creativity and where necessary resilience when processing users requests or maintaining business resource needs.
To actively seek to identify opportunities to improve our use of resources or reduce the costs associated with the Duty Planning Function.
To work as part of a team of Duty Planning Assistants to ensure all tasks assigned to the team are completed to agreed standards and timescales
To be proficient to the required standard in the use of the Forces Duty Planning system.
For the post holders level of responsibility ensure that all; arrangements, activities, equipment, supervision and staff health, welfare and training are complied with as fully detailed in the Health and Safety Policy.
It is the responsibility of all staff to promote equality, diversity and Human Rights in working practices including developing and maintaining positive working relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly, contributing to developing equality of opportunity in working practices and challenging inappropriate conduct. Staff should treat everyone with fairness and impartiality, whilst recognising differences in needs, perspectives, backgrounds and cultures.
Not withstanding the details in this job description, the job holder may be required to undertake other duties up to a level consistent with the principal responsibilities of the job.
Click here for the full role profile
Please can you attach a 2000 words Supporting Statement to your application on a Word document
Important: The information and examples provided in the supporting statement is how applicants are marked/scored as to how their examples meet the essential and desirable criteria required for the role.
Please evidence your qualifications, experience, knowledge/skills/abilities and any special request for the role in not more than 2000 words.
You will need to give a full, clear, specific and demonstrate examples of how you meet the criteria. Please make it clear which criteria you are evidencing.
It is the example you provide in the supporting statement that will determine if you are suitable for the role.
Cheshire Constabulary is fully supportive of equality and diversity and strives to employ a workforce which is representative of the community it serves. Applicants are welcomed from all underrepresented groups and support will be made available throughout the recruitment process for all applicants. Under-represented groups include:
- Those from a Black or Minority Ethnic (BME) background, including non-visible ethnic minorities such as Czech, Slovak, Polish, and Gypsy/Traveller’s
- Individuals from the LGBT+ community
- People with disabilities
- All other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010.
If you have any queries in relation to equality and diversity, or have a request for any additional support you may need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The force operates a no smoking policy
- Level 2 Qualification or equivalent
- Some relevant experience of working in an administrative role.
- Significant experience of working in a customer focused environment preferable involving negotiation or use of creativity to achieve results.
- Experience of translating policies and procedures and offering consistent accurate and clear advice relating to Duty Planning to customers across a range of functions.
- Some experience of working to targets whilst achieving a high degree of accuracy and quality in dealing with information
Skills and knowledge
- Some knowledge of the following database systems: Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes
- Excellent customer service skills both in written form and over the telephone.
- Proven ability to negotiate with and influence people.
- Attention to detail and ability to record information accurately.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise work to meet constant deadlines.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in the use of the Forces Duty Planning system. Training will be provided.
Related Jobs (10)
Fire, Emergency and Security Systems Apprenticeship on February 22, 2021 Apprenticeship