We are seeking a Digital Product Manager to supervise and drive successful delivery of digital products for Historic England. If you`re passionate about history and heritage and you`re looking for a role where you can make a real difference by using your skills to encourage action in support of the historic environment, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
This is an 6 month fixed term contract opportunity.
What you will be doing:
Working closely with the Website Product Owner in supporting the Head of Digital Engagement in reviewing and defining the strategic direction of Historic England`s digital offer.
Responsible for leading Historic England`s digital roadmap for the website, ensuring it reflects the strategic direction of both the Public Engagement team and Historic England.
Championing our agile approach to solution development and maintaining an overview of quality control to ensure projected public benefits and strategic outcomes are realised.
You will play a key role in providing oversight of the product lifecycle of website features, from inception, through discovery, delivery and review.
Responsible for product planning throughout the Product Lifecycle, including whether features are developed in-house or outsourced.
Working together with the Head of Digital Engagement to build business cases and bids for any additional resources or funding required to deliver product improvements.
In this role you will have management responsibility, which will involve managing, motivating and developing a small team of front-end developers (work management is assigned through the agile process).
In this role you will be working from the Swindon office and home working on the days you are not in the office.
Who we are looking for:
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching products that meet and exceed business goals
- Experience of monolithic (Waterfall, V-Model, W-Model) and Agile (Scrum, DSDM, XP) development methodologies
- Experience of managing third party relationships to successfully deliver product improvements
- Subject matter expertise in delivering websites within the heritage or culture sector
- Proven experience in supporting and managing staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record to influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Uses good judgment in communicating with department and business partners
- Well-organised, able to work to tight deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you. Having just won the Gold Award from MIND, we also recognise the importance of a healthy work -life balance. We offer a wide benefits package including a competitive pension scheme, a generous 28 days holiday, corporate discounts, free entry into English Heritage sites across the county and development opportunities to ensure you achieve your goals
Internally the role title is Product Manager.
Supplementary documents: Job Description
Related Jobs (15)
Full-Stack Designer (Systems & Data – Digital Projects) on January 15, 2021 Full Time