- Job Reference 32619
- SALARY & BENEFITS £47,584 - £54,237 plus an additional allowance of up to £10,000 for exceptional candidates
Are you passionate about leading digital transformation within a large organisation?
Are you results-driven with excellent organisational and communication skills?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency is expanding their digital team. We work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact, we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
And we really are at the forefront: our digital products and apps use machine learning and artificial intelligence, virtual reality, CGI and serverless solutions.
Our digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join DVSA Digital.
Roles Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ensuring changes to existing/new technology are delivered to meet existing business requirements
- Driving and promoting the agile change vision to staff at all levels
- Developing DVSA’s in-house digital delivery capability
- Working with and influencing senior business stakeholders
- Setting, leading and implementing the strategy for resource management within digital delivery
You will also have:
- Proven experience using agile project and delivery management methods to deliver successful digital projects and products
- Proven ability to lead and develop a highly-skilled specialist development team and evangelise Agile principles and a dev/ops culture
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of working with and successfully influencing non-technical business stakeholders
- Sound understanding of the fundamentals of iterative software development and incremental delivery approach – user stories, ATD, TDD, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing
- Excellent knowledge of modern digital technologies and technical architectures, including open source and open standards
We are committed to encouraging and enabling our staff to develop in and above their role and will support you through further development opportunities/qualifications.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- DDaT framework: Delivery Manager
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits.
– a generous annual leave entitlement,
– attractive pension options,
– flexible working,
– good career development opportunities,
– a variety of career paths,
– inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.