You will be providing guidance and modelling delivery excellence to other members of your team and will be responsible for developing and improving the automated change management and ensuring that appropriate governance is maintained across all Road IT delivery teams.
This is a hands-on role, where you will be working with Developers to deliver release pipelines and provide expert guidance and direction to Senior Managers to highlight opportunities for continual improvements.
What will I be doing?
- Provide Subject Matter Expert guidance and model delivery excellence for DevOps across Road IT
- Progress Road IT maturity in DevOps by defining or updating standards, processes, and relevant applications
- Collaboration across all Road IT teams to ensure constancy in change release management
- From a Road IT Perspective, ensuring leadership and DevOps consistency across the wider operations and commercial IT team
- Continually look for ways to improve the efficiency of our Cloud Hosted Services while keeping the costs as low as possible
- Review business requirements and translate these into technical deliverables, collaborating with architecture, security and external partners
- Contribute to and review architectural designs
- Develop and contribute to prototypes & PoC’s
- Facilitate design sessions and document detailed designs and estimations
- Serve as a subject matter expert on items related to development and integration
- Lead technical workshops and actively contribute to project meetings and steering groups
- Provide L3 BAU support to business-critical incidents and occasionally be available for out of hours support
- Responsible for ensuring excellent matrix communication and influence between the Development teams, Project managers, Delivery Leads, Architecture, Security and 3rd party service providers
What do I need?
What you’ll need
- Extensive experience as an Azure DevOps Engineer
- Excellent communication skills and can translate complex technical information to non tech stakeholders
- Experience in defining and delivering against DevOps standards
- CI/CD Pipelines using Azure DevOps Pipelines (expert level)
- Azure Serverless and PAAS Architectures e.g. Functions, Azure Service Bus, Blob Storage, Web Apps, Azure DB, APIM and Application Gateway.
- Deployment and management of relational and document-based databases such as Azure SQL DB, Mongo, Cosmos, Redis.
What we would like you to have
- Wide experience of Azure Cloud technologies
- Possesses significant knowledge of development design principles
- An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Possesses significant knowledge of complex database concepts
- Understands the benefits of various programming languages and techniques and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate technology for the requirements
- Has specific experience in designing application customisation and integration
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing Azure IAAS infrastructure including, VMs, Load Balancers, VNets, SubNets, Routing, DNS and IP Configuration
- Git, GitHub, TFS and SVN source code repositories
What’s in it for you
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Annual discretionary performance related annual bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
- Flexible benefits
- Plus, so much more!
Related Jobs (36)
Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineering Technician on January 21, 2022 Fixed Term Full Time