We have a fantastic opportunity at Historic England for a Deputy Facilities Manager. If you are looking for an opportunity to provide a consistent Facilities Management service on site by delivering compliant, accessible, comfortable and attractive workplaces then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
What you will be doing:
- We need you to be responsible for the day to day smooth running of facilities management on site, including post room and reception services, meeting room management, cleaning, security, repairs and maintenance etc.
- You will ensure daily checks are completed to guarantee the offices are clean, safe, secure, well presented, and fully stocked, taking corrective action when required. You`ll resolve minor maintenance issues and undertake maintenance tasks where it is possible and safe to do so
- Reporting and monitoring the progress of all site maintenance issues through CAFM to ensure they are resolved as swiftly as possible.
- You will be responsible for supervising the activities undertaken by contractors to ensure safe working practices are followed as set out in RAMS, provided in advance of work taking place.
- Ensuring security arrangements are in place by checking that procedures for access passes, keys, alarms, security equipment and guarding are always followed fully.
- You will be responsible for health and safety ensuring all routine checks on AssessNet are carried out and outstanding actions are rectified. This will also require ensuring office-based accidents and incidents are recorded on AssessNet , are investigated and any remedial actions completed as quickly as possible.
- You will work in close collaboration with the Facilities Manager to ensure the Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and Business Continuity Plan (BCP) are fully embedded across site.
Who we are looking for:
- Proven experience of working in a customer facing role
- Experience of being a first aider and/or fire warden qualified
- Facilities Management experience
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Awareness of `safety management risk assessments and mitigation
- Proficient in a range of IT packages (including MS Office)
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you. Having just won the Gold Award from MIND, we also recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We offer a wide benefits package including a competitive.
Provisional interview date: 29th April 2021
Supplementary documents: Job Description