HM Land Registry (HMLR) is an essential component of the conveyancing process and of the functioning of the property market generally. Its data is of significant value to digital services in the public and private sectors. HMLR wants to make the best contribution it can to a world-leading healthy and efficient property market.
The Deputy Director will lead the strategy unit whose purpose is to:
1. Understand the value of a better-informed and more efficient property market.
2. Understand the value to the economy of digital property data.
3. Consider HMLR’s options for helping to realise that value, given its purpose, standing and capabilities.
4. Share and collaborate on options with other functions in the organisation.
5. Present key strategic options to the Board for decision.
6. Collaborate with other functions to develop the blueprint for the organisation’s future that will deliver that value.
7. Provide an articulation of HMLR’s strategy and the evidence of the value it will deliver.
8. Participate in and support communication with stakeholders.
1. Within the context of the organisation’s statutory remit, stated purpose and ambition, lead or commission research and analysis of the potential value to the UK economy in developing how the property market works and how property data is used.
2. Lead on analysis of the contribution that HMLR can make to releasing that value through changes to its current services, new services or other means of influencing market behaviour. Ensure that analysis factors in the current and required skills and capacity of the organisation and the need to maintain its core function for the market.
3. Present well-evidenced strategic options for the HMLR executive and strategic boards to consider.
4. In collaboration with other functions in HMLR, support the presentation of HMLR’s options and future strategy to stakeholders.
5. Ensure HMLR’s expertise and experience is fully brought into all strategic analysis, particularly in relation to land registration and conveyancing practice, sector technological developments and HMLR’s capacity and capability to take on any new proposed activities.
6. Ensure that experience of market improvements and risks in other sectors, such as the share and finance markets, is brought to bear on the analysis of opportunities for the property market and the use of property data.
7. In collaboration with other functions, provide input to the adaptation of the blueprint for the future state of the organisation so that that it delivers on Board decided strategy. Assure the Board accordingly.
8. Work with other functions to develop the narrative for the future of the organisation for internal and external audiences.
• Proven track record of reviewing organisation-wide strategic plans in response to market changes
• Experience of influencing and advising senior leaders at Board level with regards to developing and implementing strategic plans
• Demonstrable ability to analyse and develop complex organisation and market data to inform wide-reaching decisions with regards to business priorities
• A track record of effectively supporting significant corporate performance improvement through appropriate governance and challenge
• Ability to make oral and written representations at Board level in relation to reviewing and realigning strategic priorities to achieve business objectives
• Experience of operating in a politically influenced environment, including responding to ministerial requirements
• Experience of working within the UK property market at a strategic level
Related Jobs (21)
Head of Macroeconomics and Demand Forecasting – G6 on August 4, 2020 Permanent
UKAEA Materials Science and Engineering Talent Pool on July 27, 2020 Full Time Permanent