We are currently seeking a Data Engineer to join our growing team based in and around Cardiff dedicated to redeveloping the divisions technical systems. As part of the Driving School’s tech team you will be building and scaling-up a T-SQL data warehouse to deliver analytics, insight and reporting to the Driving School and wider organisation. If you are looking to be challenged in a fast-paced environment delivering high quality data for one of the UK’s most recognizable brands we’d love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
- Instantly digestible. Build and implement high quality analytics and business intelligence solutions that can be scaled, designed for repeatable use and gives insight ‘at-a-glance’.
- On the move. Write and maintain our suite of ETL scripts and SSIS packages which work together to ensure our ETL process performs optimally.
- Keep it clean. Ensure that our data is kept at the highest possible level of quality and is easily accessible for business stakeholders and end-users.
- Write it down. Work with the team to ensure that all processes new and old are defined and documented so that it can be consumed by technical and non-technical team members.
- You’re not on your own. Collaborate with the wider tech team and other business functions like architecture, infrastructure, security and external partners to ensure that best practice is followed, and business requirements are met when designing and implementing new systems, processes or procedures.
- Well-oiled machine. Keep the data warehouse running quickly and efficiently through the maintenance of indexes, stats and general best practice.
- Always improving. Ensure that we are always doing things the best way with continual code and service improvements. Be aware of the what is going on in the data sphere are work with the team to bring new ideas to fruition.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Real-world experience of Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL development
- Experience with database and query performance tuning techniques leveraging query store, indexes and other relevant performance tuning tools
- Experience or willingness to adopt Agile methodology
- Willingness to work outside of area of expertise
- Knowledge of tabular data modelling within SSAS
- Experience working with third party APIs
- Experience with data warehousing development
- Experience with PowerBI, SSRS or equivalent reporting tool
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
Related Jobs (36)
Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineering Technician on January 21, 2022 Fixed Term Full Time