What can you expect?
- Excellent opportunity for a data focused individual to work within a claims analytics role, where you will be responsible for providing Management Information, which enhances the ability of Marsh to provide an outstanding service to our clients.
- With strong Excel skills to include pivot tables, v look up etc., you will be comfortable working with large sets of data and manipulating it in line with bespoke specifications.
- You will also have an impeccable eye for detail with a logical approach to problem solving.
- This is an excellent opportunity to provide innovative solutions to a unique set of scenarios and work with a number of leading, blue chip clients and develop your existing skills set.
What is in it for you?
- A competitive starting salary plus a comprehensive benefits package to include; generous pension scheme, employee assistance programme, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and a number of other programmes.
- Marsh also offers a flexible benefit scheme to allow you to select benefits that are most appropriate for your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
- For example, these include options to buy additional days’ holiday, dental, travel and personal accident insurance, together with a number of staff discounts available in the retail and leisure sectors, such as discounted gym membership.
We will count on you to:
- Participate in the ongoing development of business systems and procedures to ensure accurate and meaningful management information is available to support the business objective of Marsh and its client(s).
- Effectively and efficiently merge and consolidate data, potentially in different formats from different sources, to provide visually compliant reporting to agreed requirements.
- Undertake accurate downloads from systems and secure data necessary to facilitate accurate and timely reporting.
- Analyse performance trends and investigate and anomalies, advising key stakeholders accordingly.
- Identify and develop opportunities for improving content and/or delivery of the management and operational reporting service
- Please note that this is a regulated role, subject to Compliance and Legislative codes. The successful employee will be required to handle sensitive information and be bound by the appropriate regulations and company codes of practice for the role.
What you need to have:
- Advanced Excel
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex and/or large volumes of business data.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Calm and level headed under pressure, with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships with key stakeholders at a range of levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Adaptable to change.
- Self-motivated and target driven.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent workload management skills.
What makes you stand out:
- Working Knowledge of VBA.
- Working Knowledge of Python.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Knowledge of Insurance, and Insurance Terminology.
- Experience of working on projects.
- Experience of conducting and contributing to meetings.
- Knowledge of questionnaire software, such as Qualtrics.
- Experience and/or Qualifications in Mathematical/Statistical Analysis.
- Knowledge of Tableau
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh and McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity