Here at the AA and as part of our Motor & Home Insurance Claims business in Tunbridge Wells, we are looking for a Customer Service Technical Team Assistant to join our new Household Insurance Claims department. This is a really exciting time for us and would love to hear from people who are keen and ambitious and who would like to be part of and to help us build a successful team!
You will be part of an ambitious but warm, friendly and outgoing team, where everyone works together and supports one another. It’s also one of the fastest growing areas in our business. This is the perfect time to join us to develop your career within a function that has a ‘family’ feel but also with the benefit of being part of the wider AA Group.
This is what the hiring manager, Lisa Harris, Senior Operations Manager says about the role…
“This is a great opportunity to join a newly created Household FNOL team to provide technical referral and audit support. I am excited to welcome an experienced household claims handler to a coaching and mentoring role that will enable them to share knowledge and best practice whilst developing their passion for coaching and mentoring”
So, if you’re committed to doing well in everything you do and understand what good customer service looks and feels like, then we will support you all the way and would love to hear from you!
The FNOL (first notification of loss) team deal with calls that come in from customers or third parties who are reporting a household incident and need to make a claim. Your role will be to ensure continuous development of team members to maintain market leading cost control and first-rate customer service across the team.
What will I be doing?
You will be inducting new team members, conducting quality audits for the team, provide audit feedback, audit reporting and provide training on any needs identified.
You will also be the technical point of referral for team members.
Other responsibilities to include:
- Answering team member technical questions on claims process and system issues
- Providing quality customer service, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints
- Assisting with the management of incoming call volumes for the team
- Review payments for authorisation within set financial boundaries, rejecting when necessary and ensuring the team complete their authorisations within target
- Auditing claims and calls for the household claims department, providing constructive one to one feedback, and records recording results
- Supporting the Team Leader and perform management duties when the Team Leader is absent or out of office
What do I need?
- Ideally experience working in a household claims team for an insurer, dealing with property claims
- Proven track record of working to the highest standard and knowledge of all working practices
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with customers.
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customer understanding that our
- customer could be distraught and concerned following an incident.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills.
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
What’s in it for you:
We are also dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of the AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities including:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- 50% discount on AA membership in the first year and free thereafter
- Discounts on the wider AA products and services incl. car insurance, home insurance etc.
- Flexible working options
- Onsite parking