We are incredibly proud to be the UK’s number one motoring organisation and work hard to ensure all our customers have a great experience. Our ability to continuously deliver high class customer service means hundreds of thousands of customers elect to stay with us year on year.
Do you get a buzz from helping customers and solving problems in a fast paced, fun and challenging environment? If so, then the Customer Service Advisor role could be for you.
This is the job
As a whole, our Customer Service Department deals with both Driving School Pupils and Instructors. We play a pivotal role in helping to get people from all backgrounds, out on the open road and in helping our Driving Instructors build successful and long lasting businesses.
We’re excited to announce that we have an opportunity within our Customer Service Team where you will be on hand to liaise with new and existing Customers, for both The AA and BSM.
Customers will seek our support via an inbound telephone line as well as through our Live Chat, Emails or our App, whenever they need our help. We’re all about going above and beyond and so as part of our team you will take ownership of queries from each of these platforms and see them through to resolution.
If you love all things customer service, have a passion for putting things right for your customers, and generally providing exceptional service, we want to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
- Service and Resolve inbound Pupil queries via Live Chat (Existing and Prospective Pupils)
- Take ownership of any Pupil questions and issues via email and in-app messages
- Talk things through with our Pupils, answering their questions over the phone if they request a call (phone)
- Undertake any and all appropriate administration tasks to complete, record and put things right for our customers.
- Work with other Customer Success Department Teams to take ownership and completely resolve the customer query.
Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service.
- Experience of a service- based sales approach.
- Experience working in a digital service based role.
- Customer obsessed and determined to deliver world class service.
- Ability to own a customer problem trough to final resolution.
- Digitally confident with experience of online customer service platforms (Live Chat)
- Fast typing, excellent written and spoken English.
- Exceptional grammar and spelling (there will be a test)
- A trusted and respected colleague
- Calm and engaging personality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
- 31 days holiday per year rising to 33 days after 5 years.
- 1% salary uplift in December 2021 as part of a 2 year pay deal.
- Worksave pensions scheme which includes death in service benefit.
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months. Along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family.
- Access a number of products and services including healthcare, car salary sacrifice, Cycle to work Scheme as well discounts at hundreds of high street retailers, days out, holidays and many more.