- Job Reference 40941
- SALARY & BENEFITS £37,803
- Job Contact Nick Wust
- Contact Email Nicholas.Wust@dvsa.gov.uk
- Job Level Senior Executive Officer
As a Criminal Analysis and Insight Manager, you will lead, motivate and nurture a team of insight and criminal analysts with the purpose of providing a reporting, analysis and modelling service to the business.
The successful candidate will deliver information with insight that supports the decision making process and improves the efficiency of enforcement and intelligence outcomes. This includes a criminal analytics service to support the targeting framework and Strategic Traffic Management Office and an insight capability to support ongoing planning and targeting activities.
- Build and develop a strong team, with multi-functional abilities, and act as a mentor and subject matter expert to ensure that work delivered by the team supports and drives the strategic direction of the business.
- Provide support to other teams and individuals within the Enforcement directorate to enable agreed customer commitments to be met
- Support the work of the Intelligence Unit, STMO and the Targeting Framework at all levels through effective management to provide trend analysis, targeting packages and ANPR hot lists.
- Ensure that the identification and monitoring of trends in vehicle, operator and driver movement and compliance helps establish where and when to deploy frontline resources in order to target the serious and serially non complaint. •
- Provide expert advice on statistical methodologies, the capabilities of SAS and Intelligence (I2) Database software and information held within the Data Warehouse supporting both business as usual working and potential and existing project work.
- Ensure delivery of analytical products to aid enforcement within the goods, passenger, driver and MOT schemes.
- Investigate and seek to acquire, where appropriate, new data sources and technology that can improve the analytical products of the team and further enhance the targeting and planning capabilities of the agency.
We are looking for someone with a good understanding and working experience of statistics and statistical techniques.
You have good analytical and problem solving skills, combined with a drive and commitment to succeed and achieve results.
Your excellent communication skills mean you are a natural influencer and you can present complex issues to a variety of listeners with ease.
You are customer focused, with experience in delivering brilliant customer service to internal and external stakeholders and customers.
Self motivation is one of your strengths, which enables you to lead from the front and set positive examples to your team, even when remotely managed.
Prioritising your work to meet tight deadlines comes naturally to you, allowing you to handle sometimes conflicting demands to achieve the desired outcome.
You are an experience user of Microsoft Office based packages including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
You will hold a Statistical/Mathematical or Criminology based degree or have strong demonstrable experience in a role performing complex statistical analysis or criminal analytics.